Acne Home Remedies
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Table of Contents
- Acne Home Remedies
- Herbal Face Washes for Acne
- Heal Acne Naturally
Acne Home Remedies welcomes you to our website page dedicated to exploring effective home remedies for acne, a common condition that can be both frustrating and confidence-diminishing.
While acne can have various causes, such as hormonal imbalances, excessive oil production, or clogged pores, there are numerous natural remedies that can help alleviate symptoms and promote clearer, healthier skin.
On this page we will delve into the world of home remedies for acne, offering insights into ingredients, and techniques that have shown promise in reducing inflammation, unclogging pores, and supporting overall skin health.
Join us as we uncover the power of natural remedies and discover how simple to our skin care routine and lifestyle have a significant impact on managing and preventing acne breakouts.
So... let's dive into the realm of home remedies for acne and embark on a journey towards clearer, happier skin.
- For those who suffer from acne, it is not merely a cosmetic problem!
- You will know, and have probably experienced first hand, that it is a big emotional problem, the consequences of which can often impact on every single aspect of your life.
- Your confidence goes for a ball of chalk, your relationship with your friends with "perfect" skins disintegrates and the list goes on and on.
Let's Start with What causes Acne?
- Further research has also indicated that a lack of Vitamin C could be a reason for a breakout in pimples.
- Pimples are caused by the blockage and infection of the oil-producing sebaceous glands adjacent to hair follicles in the skin.
- When this blockage occurs, the bacteria normally present in the skin convert into compounds that irritate and rupture small glands, causing inflammation, infection and the much dreaded zits.
- Research has also shown that acne suffers could possibly have a zinc deficiency
- Zinc is good for reducing the production of oil in the skin and plays a big role in balancing hormones, which is known to be another cause of acne.
- And just by the way, zinc is very good for the immune system and would have been important to have had during the Covid-19 time in our lives.
These acne home remedies are not meant as a substitute for your doctor's advice, but rather, as an holistic approach that can help to ease the problem making it easier on your pocket, and have fewer side effects compared to synthetic or chemical based treatments.
Many natural remedies focus on addressing the underlying causes of acne, rather than simply treating the symptons.
Acne Home Remedies using the Ordinary Onion
- Wash your face with water and wipe with a raw onion. Repeat 3 times a day.
- This could be a bit smelly, but do try to leave on for as long as you can possibly bear it, before washing with your choice of good smelling face wash.
- Go a step further and mix a half teaspoon of Epsom Salts in your face wash.
Why Onions and Epsom Salts?
- Sulfur is a mineral found in onions which is reputed to be
excellent for the skin.
- Epsom salts are made of the mineral magnesium sulphate which draws toxins
from the body. Epsom Salts is an excellent emollient (softens and smooths the
skin), and also an exfoliator (removes dead cells from the surface of the skin).
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
- And then as one of our very popular herbal acne home remedies, use a ratio of 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water, dip a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it directly to the blemish.
- Leave on for at least 10 minutes, or overnight.
- Re-apply several times a day, washing face thoroughly after each time..
- Use a moisturizer afterwards if you feel like your skin is feeling dry.
Why is Apple Cider Vinegar good for Acne?
- It kills off the bacteria that may be causing all the trouble.
- It becomes alkaline and balances the pH of your skin, which makes it harder for the bacteria to thrive.
- It is an astringent and will help dry up excess oil, but don't overdo and dry your skin out too much.
Tea Tree Oil
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
- Dilute tea tree oil by mixing 1 part oil to 9 parts water.
- Dip a cotton swab in the mixture and apply to problem areas.
- Never apply it undiluted.
- Apply a light moisturizer afterwards and there you have it, another one of our acne natural healing remedies
Why is Tree Tea Oil good for Acne
- Tea tree oil is not like the oil your skin naturally produces, it is more like a solvent that cuts through the extra sebum and dead skin cells, and unblocks the pores
- It's antibacterial properties also kill off the acne-causing- bacteria and helps prevent further outbreaks.
Honey and Cinnamon Paste Home Treatment for Acne.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder into a paste and rub into your face
- Relax and leave on for at least a ½ hour. Rinse your face.
- Try this for 2 weeks and just wait and see what happens.
Why Honey and Cinnamon?
- Heal acne naturally by mixing cinnamon with honey, which has been used through the centuries as acne home remedies as well as for healing and
improving skin in general.
- Honey contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and
cinnamon has anti-microbial and antioxidant properties which all help
in controlling acne.
- We always have to look after our skin because of the dangers of developing cancer from too much exposure to the sun. So even when your pimples go away, always protect your face from the sun
- Cleanse face with water and dry off, use some swabs dabbed liberally in lemon juice to sponge your face.
- Repeat this action 3 times a day and particularly before going to bed.
Why Lemon Juice?
- Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C which helps reduce the damage toxins do to the cells and is also a detox which helps remove toxins from the skin.
- Very importantly though, it is an astringent which will cause a contraction of body tissues, and will dry out the blemish itself.
- It is also a natural whitener, which helps reduce redness.
- Rinse off any lemon juice before going out in the sun, as it may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
The Humble Potato and Acne
- Wash your face with water and pat almost dry, leaving the skin a bit damp.
- Grate 1 raw potato and rub the pulp and juice and onto your face in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Let it dry for 15-30 minutes, and then rinse off completely with warm water.
Why Potato's for Acne?
- Potato's are full of potassium, sulfur, phosphorus and chloride, all components that can help reduce bothersome blemishes.
- They also have antioxidants to nourish your skin and encourage the healthy growth of new skin cells.
What is the Best Home Remedy for Acne?
- Mix a heaped tablespoon of Epsom salts, a tablespoon of Cream of tartar and a pint of boiling water.
- Allow to cool and take a table spoon every morning before your breakfast.
Why Epsom Salts and Cream of Tartar?
- Epsom salts are made of the mineral magnesium sulfate which draws toxins
from the body.
- When used as a face wash it is an excellent emollient (softens and smooths the
skin), and also an exfoliator.
- Cream of Tartar is a by-product of the wine industry and is the common
name for potassium hydrogen tartrate.
- Potassium helps lower uric acid in the blood which then ensures that
waste is not purged through the skin, but rather through the kidneys.
- Mix a teaspoon of cayenne pepper into a glass of water, add some honey to improve the taste and drink.
- Do this 3 times per day.
Why Red Pepper?
- Red pepper is a source of Vitamin C which will help fight any possible infections caused by the blockage of the oil-producing sebaceous gland.
- It is also rich in organic calcium and potassium.
Natural Acne Herbal Face Washes for Acne
- The skin is a living dynamic organ that "breathes" and requires love and attention if we don't want the ZITS!!
- If the pores become clogged, the microbes that are involved in causing acne love this type of environment and they just flourish and grow.
- This must be eliminated by cleansing the skin properly, and with the proper products.
Apple Cider Vinegar Face Wash
- And lastly, apple cider vinegar contains potassium,
- calcium, magnesium, iron and many more vital minerals, all good for promoting and maintaining a glowing healthy skin.
Apple Cider VINEGAR
- Apple Cider Vinegar is known to promote blood circulation and is also generally accepted as a top class antiseptic.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in alpha-hydoxy acids which help dissolve fatty deposits on the skin and is regularly used in cosmetic peels.
- Apple cider vinegar, when diluted with water is a natural astringent (causing skin to contract) and used to tone and revitalize the skin.
- You can apply apple cider vinegar, without diluting, directly onto spots and pimples to help speed the healing process.
Witch Hazel Face Wash
- Witch Hazel when used externally as a face wash or face cream, has great anti-inflammatory qualities, and is also soothing and cooling to the skin.
- Prepare the witch hazel as one would a herbal infusion and then use as a natural face wash twice a day for soothing and prevention of acne
Water Cress Face Wash
- Water cress is a diuretic (which helps remove toxins from the body) it contains manganese and calcium which helps with any iron deficiency and also contains Vitamin C all of which is believed to help in natural skin care.
- It is also another one of those acne homemade remedies, that is a great strengthener of the skin, contains antioxidants and is particularly good for greasy skins.
Yellow Dock Face Wash
- When yellow dock is used as a facewash it is known to reduce irritation and inflammation.
- This herb has diuretic properties, and as with all other herbs mentioned, it has requirements for promoting a natural way to help soothe the skin and prevent blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
- Yellw Dock is a good source of vitamin A and protein. It is also rich in Iron and Potassium.
HEAL ACNE NATURALLY
In order to help yourself to heal acne naturally you should be asking yourself the question, what should I be doing to solve this problem?
So... we are going to try and help you by showing what you should be eating and what you should be avoiding, and we will also give you the reasons why they are either good or bad.
Acne and a Zinc Deficiency
Research has shown that people suffering from acne tend to have a zinc deficiency.
Zinc promotes healing and is important for normal growth. Zinc reserves can however be depleted by periods of rapid growth, which probably coincides with the onset of teenage pimples.
So we have listed below foods that are rich in zinc, for you to eat whenever you can.
- Beef Shank
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Plain Yoghurt
- Baked Beans Peanuts
Vitamin A for Acne
For decades Vitamin A has been dubbed the "skin Vitamin".
This vitamin is also vital for good eyesight, so whilst caring for your skin you will also be looking after your eyesight.
The foods listed below contain Vitamin A which helps build a resistance to infection and promotes healthy skin.
Although Vitamin A is important to the fight against pimples, don't take too much. Vitamin E can help regulate Vitamin A levels and also helps in scar prevention which can be a result of a bad bout of acne.
Fiber and Pimples
Strawberries for Fiber
- Fiber is essential for acne management, and the more you look after your skin now, the more you will reap all the benefits later by helping to prevent skin cancer later in life.
- Whilst fiber has little or no nutritional value, it forms an essential link in the body's digestive chain.
- Fiber keeps the intestines in good working order which helps cleanse the gastrointestinal tract.
3 Other Best Vitamins for a Healthy Skin
While our rushed lifestyles we sometimes don't find time to eat properly and have to rely on supplements to get the necessary goodness into our systems, and below 3 more vitamins which are very good for healthy skin:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Whole-grain cereals
- Brown Rice
- All kinds of Bran
- Dried Prunes
- Fresh Fruit
- Beans and Peas
- Fresh Raw Vegetables
Heal Acne Naturally by Drinking Lots of Water
- Water flushess toxins from the body, preventing them from coming out in the skin and therefore plays an important role when trying to heal acne naturallu.
- Water also keeps the skin from becoming dehydrated.
- If the skin becomes dehydrated dead cells will not be properly eliminated which in turn can lead to block pores.
Learn to avoid Foods that will Aggravate this Condition
Excessive iodine can irritate pores and cause pimples to flare up. Iodine is contained in salt so steer well clear of all salted snacks and fast foods.
- Hot Dogs
- French Fries
Stay miles away from refined carbohydrates because they strip the fiber and healthy essential values from foodstuffs.
They also include unhealthy additives and preservatives, which should be avoided at all costs, if you want to sustain a healthy skin
- Soft Drinks
- Processed Jams
And Last but not Least Other Foods and Drinks that are a big "NO NO" if you are battling with Acne.
- Hot and spicy Foods
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.