Acne Home Remedies
85% of Teenagers have zits and Acne Home Remedies can help YOU zap those zits in your own home easily and effectively.
- For those who suffer from acne, it is not merely a cosmetic problem!
- You will know, and have probably experienced first hand, that it is a big emotional problem, the consequences of which can often impact on every single aspect of your life.
- Your confidence goes for a ball of chalk, your relationship with your friends with "perfect" skins disintegrates and the list goes on and on.
What causes Acne?
- Zinc is good for reducing the production of oil in the skin and plays a big role in balancing hormones, which is known to be another cause of acne.
- And just by the way, zinc is very good for the immune system and important to have in this Covid-19 time in our lives.
- Further research has indicated a lack of Vitamin C in acne sufferers.
- Pimples are caused by the blockage and infection of the oil-producing sebaceous glands adjacent to hair follicles in the skin.
- When this blockage occurs, the bacteria normally present in the skin convert into compounds that irritate and rupture small glands, causing inflammation, infection and the much dreaded zits.
- Research has also shown that acne suffers could possibly have a zinc deficiency.
These acne home remedies are not meant as a substitute for your doctor's advice, but rather, as an holistic approach that can help heal your acne naturally and easier on your pocket.
Acne Home Remedies using the Ordinary Onion
- Wash your face with water and wipe with a raw onion. Repeat 3 times a day.
- This could be a bit smelly, but do try to leave on for as long as you can possibly bear it, before washing with your choice of good smelling face wash.
- Go a step further and mix a half teaspoon of Epsom Salts in your face wash.
- This is one of our special acne completely homemade remedies, because it makes use of one of our favorite healing plants, the humble onion.
Why Onions and Epsom Salts?
- Sulfur is a mineral found in onions which is reputed to be
excellent for the skin.
- Epsom salts are made of the mineral magnesium sulphate which draws toxins
from the body. Epsom Salts is an excellent emollient (softens and smooths the
skin), and also an exfoliator (removes dead cells from the surface of the skin).
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
- And then as one of our very popular herbal acne home remedies, use a ratio of 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water, dip a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it directly to the blemish.
- Leave on for at least 10 minutes, or overnight.
- Re-apply several times a day, washing face thoroughly after each time.
- Use a moisturizer afterwards if you feel like your skin is feeling dry.
Why is Apple Cider Vinegar good for Acne?
- It kills off the bacteria that may be causing all the trouble.
- It becomes alkaline and balances the pH of your skin, which makes it harder for the bacteria to thrive.
- It is an astringent and will help dry up excess oil, but don't overdo and dry your skin out too much.
Tea Tree Oil
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
- Dilute tea tree oil by mixing 1 part oil to 9 parts water.
- Dip a cotton swab in the mixture and apply to problem areas.
- Never apply it undiluted.
- Apply a light moisturizer afterwards and there you have it, another one of our acne natural healing remedies
Why is Tree Tea Oil good for Acne
- Tea tree oil is not like the oil your skin naturally produces, it is more like a solvent that cuts through the extra sebum and dead skin cells, and unblocks the pores
- It's antibacterial properties also kill off the acne-causing- bacteria and helps prevent further outbreaks.
Honey and Cinnamon Paste Home Treatment for Acne.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of honey, and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder into a paste and rub into your face. Relax and leave on for at least a ½ hour. Rinse your face.
- Try this for 2 weeks and just wait and see what happens.
Why Honey and Cinnamon?
- Heal acne naturally by mixing cinnamon with honey, which has been used through the centuries as acne home remedies as well as for healing and
improving skin in general.
- Honey contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and
cinnamon has anti-microbial and antioxidant properties which all help
in controlling acne.
- We always have to look after our skin because of the dangers of developing cancer from too much exposure to the sun. So even when your pimples go away, always protect your face from the sun
- Cleanse face with water and dry off, use some swabs dabbed liberally in lemon juice to sponge your face.
- Repeat this action 3 times a day and particularly before going to bed.
Why Lemon Juice?
- lemons are an excellent source of vitamin c which helps reduce the damage
toxins do to the cells and is also a detox which helps remove toxins from the skin.
- Very importantly though, it is an astringent which will cause a contraction of body tissues, and will dry out the blemish itself.
- It is also a natural whitener, which helps reduce redness.
- Rinse off any lemon juice before going out in the sun, as it may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
The Humble Potato and Acne
- Wash your face with water and pat almost dry, leaving the skin a bit damp.
- Grate 1 raw potato and rub the pulp and juice and onto your face in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Let it dry for 15-30 minutes, and then rinse off completely with warm water.
Why Potato's for Acne?
- Potato's are full of potassium, sulfur, phosphorus and chloride, all components that can help reduce bothersome blemishes.
- They also have antioxidants to nourish your skin and encourage the healthy growth of new skin cells.
What is the Best Home Remedy for Acne?
- Mix a heaped tablespoon of Epsom salts, a tablespoon of Cream of tartar and a pint of boiling water.
- Allow to cool and take a table spoon every morning before your breakfast.
Why Epsom Salts and Cream of Tartar?
- Epsom salts are made of the mineral magnesium sulfate which draws toxins
from the body.
- When used as a face wash it is an excellent emollient (softens and smooths the
skin), and also an exfoliator.
- Cream of Tartar is a by-product of the wine industry and is the common
name for potassium hydrogen tartrate.
- Potassium helps lower uric acid in the blood which then ensures that
waste is not purged through the skin, but rather through the kidneys.
Red Pepper - An Amazing Spice for help in Healing Acne Naturally.
- Mix a teaspoon of cayenne pepper into a glass of water, add some honey to improve the taste and drink.
- Do this 3 times per day.
Why Red Pepper?
- Red pepper is a source of Vitamin C which will help fight any
possible infections caused by the blockage of the oil-producing
- It is also rich in organic calcium and
You might Also Like These!!
Acne Homemade Remedies - Easy Herbal Face washes, excellent for fighting acne
Authentic home remedies for shingles, together with what causes shingles and the symptoms of shingles.
Try our simple, easy home remedies for skin tags and watch them fall of in a matter of weeks.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
Let's hear YOUR healthy opinionLeave us a comment in the box below.