Home Remedies for Indigestion
Home Remedies for indigestion is perhaps what you need to help relieve the persistent episodes of stomach distress which are happening to you after eating.
What are the Symptoms of Indigestion?
- Bloated feeling
- Pain in the tummy
- Rumbling tummy noises
What causes Indigestion
- Chewing with your mouth open.
- Talking or drinking while eating.
- Gulping your food.
- Intestinal obstruction
- Peptic ulcers
- Disorders of the gall bladder, liver or pancreas.
- Food allergies and intolerances (like lactose intolerance).
Certain foods will also cause Indigestion
Too much Liquid whilst eating dilutes the digestive juices, but a glass of water or wine aids them.
Because some foods are less easy to digest than others, they can prompt bouts of indigestion among susceptible people ...... and the biggest culprits are:
Hot Spicy Foods:
Hot spicy foods like curries especially in large quantities often tend to "repeat" on oneself.
Fatty foods or fried foods can stimulate acid output in the gut which can cause uncomfortable feelings of indigestion.
Raw Salad Vegetables
What helps Indigestion Fast?
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried ground chamomile
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
Mix well and take a half teaspoon after each meal.
- Chamomile has been known through the centuries as an excellent digestive herb, and aniseed is a valuable herb for expelling gas from the stomach.
What is one of the best things to drink for Indigestion?
- Half a teaspoon peppermint essence in half a cup of water.
- The carminative oils in peppermint are soluble in water therefore a peppermint essence will work much better than an infusion made from this herb which is well respected as a digestive aid and its ability to soothe the lining of the stomach.
- Now it makes sense why there are always mints available in restaurants when leaving after a good meal.
Try mixing the two, a soothing chamomile infusion with a half teaspoon of peppermint essence, and nail the indigestion from two sides!!
Herbal Tea for Indigestion
- 1 tsp fresh chopped root ginger
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- 250ml water
- ½ tsp dried peppermint
- Simmer the ginger and fennel in the water in a covered pot for about 5mins.
- Remove from the heat and add the peppermint.
- Cover and steep for an additional 10mins, sweeten it with honey if you desire, and sip while war.
Herbal Digestive Tonic
- 15g dried dandelion root
- 7.5g dried gentian root
- 7.5g dried liquorice root
- 7.5g dried fennel seeds
- 7.5g root ginger
- 1 Bottle Vodka
- Grind the herbs into a coarse powder in a blender.
- Place in a wide mouthed glass jar and over the herbs with vodka, plus an additional 5cm of vodka
- Stir well, cover and place in warm, dark place.
- Shake the jar every day to keep the herbs from settling.
- After 2 weeks, strain the liquid through sever layers of muslin reserving the liquid. THIS IS THE TONIC!!
- Store in a dark glass container in a cook, dark place.
- It should remain potent for at least 3 years.
- Take ½ tsp 60ml warm water 15 minutes before meals to get your digestive juices flowing.
Home Remedies for Indigestion - with Aloe Vera
- Take a quarter cup of aloe vera juice on an empty stomach in the morning and again at bedtime.
- Aloe vera is not only a digestive aid but also a natural laxative and excellent for heartburn and indigestion.
Some Final Tips for Helping Indigestion
Bitter flavours trigger the flow of digestive Fluids. Eating a salad that contains a handful of greens (such as rocket or dandelion before lunch or dinner is an easy way to get a tasty ration of bitters!
Digestive enzymes are secreted in your saliva, and the production of stomach juices is triggered when you begin to eat. The more thoroughly you chew your food the easier you make it on the rest of your digestive system.
Drinking a small amount of liquid facilitates digestion but gulping large amounts dilutes stomach juices and can cause bloating and indigestion
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.