Home Remedies for IBS
You are searching for some home remedies for IBS and at the same time are probably asking yourself the question..... What is this mysterious disorder, commonly known as a spastic colon or medically as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which is causing me so much discomfort?
In answer to your questions, and in simple terms we are going to list
- the series of symptoms affecting the large and small intestines (bowel).
- the causes of this ailment which is one of the most common digestive disorders around.
- and lastly give you some home remedies to help ease the symptoms.
Symptoms of IBS
- Diarrhea - especially with urgency first thing in the morning.
- The bowel is so active it goes into a spasm causing constipation and bloating.
- A dull ache in the lower abdomen which can become quite severe.
- Gas - back firing exhaust systems LOL.
- Mucus in stools.
- Bloating and an uncomfortable feeling of fullness.
- These symptoms may interfere with daily activities thus affecting quality of life.
Causes of IBS
- Nobody really knows what causes this, but it is well documented as to what aggravates it.
- Increased sensitivity of nerves in the digestive tract.
- Food reactions are considered as the prime cause.
- Abnormal balance of bacteria triggered by eating certain foods.
How can I treat IBS at home?
Mix together a 1/4 lb of the following:
Then add the mixture to a quart bottle of the very best brandy you can find.
Allow to stand for a few days.
1 teaspoon in a wineglass of water once a day.
What helps settle IBS
Make an infusion using Buchu Leaves, and drink three times daily.
Buchu is indigenous to South Africa. The leaves contain herbal oil glands releasing an aroma similar to black current and mint, and is an excellent stimulant tonic for stomach problems.
In the olden days in Africa these leaves were soaked in Brandy and given as an aid for tummy problems.
Folklore says that there were many men who had continuous tummy problems that had to be treated on a daily basis with this medication and that an important part of the cure was to gather in groups to take the medication together.
There are various things thought to be the cause of IBS but Because food reactions are believed to be the prime cause of IBS, Medical experts believe that one of the best and most natural home remedies for IBS is to check what foods you should be avoiding as possible triggers for IBS flare-up
Home Remedies for IBS - avoiding foods that harm.
- Cereals with wheat and corn.
- Dairy Products.
- Coffee and Tea.
- Chocolates and sweeties.
- Citrus Fruit.
- Beans - especially the musical variety.
- Sugar and sweeteners like those used in bubblegum.
- And one of the biggest culprits for causing flare-ups is FAT, the bowel will start contracting following a high fat meal.
- And lastly beware of spicy foods.
How do I get rid of IBS pain?
- Fennel - has anti-spasmodic qualities useful for colic and flatulence.
- Cinnamon - is well known as been very useful for indigestion, nausea and bloating.
- Ginger is well known for stimulating the digestive system.
- Nutmeg - has anti-spasmodic qualities which helps prevent spasms of the stomach and intestines.
- Peppermint - is carminative which means it prevents or promotes the expulsion of gas in the digestive system.
- Thyme - is very good for heartburn and indigestion.
- Chamomile - Relieves stress, believed to be one of the main culprits for causing IBS Flare-ups.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
Top of Home Remedies for IBS
Back to Home Page