Home Remedies for Skin tags.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US UNTIL THE WORK IS DONE
Home Remedies for Skin Tags takes a look at the issues surrounding these little flaps of skin that appear on certain parts of the body, like under the arms, under the breasts, in the groin and in areas where the skin rubs together.
But before we go into any detail of the why's and wherefore's, please note that we strongly recommend, in fact we insist, that you consult your medical practitioner and confirm that these are in fact harmless skin tags, and that he or she would be happy for you to use the natural remedies that we are listing below.
Skin Tags under the arms
What are Skin Tags.
- Skin Tags are benign and look like small pieces of hanging skin.
- They can range from 2mm even up to 5 cm.
- They seldom require treatment although they can burst under pressure.
- They are painless, but can cause some discomfort.
- And some people can find them aesthetically displeasing.
What are my Chances of Getting Skin Tags?
You will have an increased chance of developing Skin Tags:
- If Mom or Dad had them, this is one of the things that you can blame your parents for.
- If you are a diabetic.
- If you are overweight, because there are more folds and creases of skin to rub against each other.
- If you are pregnant - the hormonal changes in your body could cause these skin tags to develop.
- If your baby is plumpish, he or she could also get skin tags.
- And lastly, teenagers and adults may develop skin tags in their underarms due to friction from shaving
What are the causes of Skin Tags
Acrochordons, or commonly known as skin tags, are actually small benign tumors.
- They are possibly a sign of impaired carbohydrate metabolism and diabetes mellitus type 2.
- Elevated blood sugar and insulin increase could also trigger the formation of skin tags.
And as always, it is best to consult a medical specialist (dermatologist in this case) if skin tags occur
What is the Difference between Skin Tags and Warts?
Most people often confuse skin tags with warts
- Warts are skin infections caused by a virus, and could spread through sharing of garments and frequent skin contact.
- Skin tags are simply just flesh protrusions from the skin and do not spread throughout the body or to other people.
Home Remedies for Skin Tags using Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil for removal of Skin Tags
- Soak a piece of cotton wool in some Tea Tree Oil which has been diluted with equal amounts of water or vegetable.
- Tea tree oil can cause an allergic reaction in some people, discontinue immediately if this should happen.
- Apply directly onto the skin tag, after ensuring that the skin is clean and dry.
- If time allows, then leave the piece of cotton wool on for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat at least twice a day.
- Tea Tree Oil has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, but the reason why it actually works for removing skin tags is not clearly understood and there are no studies to either approve or disapprove this method of skin tag removal.
- The key however, is patience, it will not happen overnight and should be applied for at least a month.
- Always treat your skin with love and respect, it can catch up on you in later life.
Home Remedies for Skin Tags using Castor Oil
Just like Tea Tree Oil, castor oil also makes for an excellent skin tag removal remedy.
Apply castor oil onto a piece of cotton wool and dab it on the skin tags
Always avoid the area around the eyes when applying any of these natural home remedies for skin tags
Banana Peel Home Remedy for Skin Tags
- Cut a small piece of a banana peel and place it on the skin tag so the inner portion faces the affected part.
- Wrap firmy with a bandage.
- Repeat this every ight until the skin tag detaches spontaneously.
How does Apple Cider Vinegar remove Skin Tags?
Apple Cider Vinegar for removal of Skin tags
- Wash the around the skin tag and dry off properly.
- Apply Apple Cider Vinegar to the skin tag by wetting some cotton wool with the vinegar, apply the cotton wool to the flap of skin and then cover the skin tag with plaster.
- Remove plaster before showering and reapply after drying the spot properly.
- It is believed that the acidity of the Apple cider vinegar is what will make this tag fall off after 5 days..
- Once again, patience will be a virtue here, as this will not happen overnight.
- The skin tag will eventually turn black and will fall off without you even feeling it.
Garlic for the Natural Removal of Skin Tags.
And last, but most definitely not least, probably our favorite herb of all, the stinky smelly garlic that has so many healing properties, is also, believe it or not, an effective herb for removing skin tags naturally.
- Make a paste out of fresh garlic cloves by crushing them.
- Apply generously to the skin tag.
- Cover with a dressing and leave it on overnight.
- Repeat this every night until the skin tag falls off.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.