Home Remedies for Hangovers - Natural help for that "one too many."
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US UNTIL THE WORK IS DONE
Here you are searching for home remedies for hangovers, which means that you overindulged last night and you are currently
feeling like a sick dog, knowing full well that you have no one else to
blame but yourself.
From a medical position some Health Providers believe that the worse the hangover, the more an individual will start to respect his or her body and will think twice before overindulging the next time.
But at this exact moment you could'nt care two hoots because your head is pounding, your stomach is churning, you
are feeling dizzy and you are now seriously searching for some home
remedies for hangovers to make you feel better.
What Causes a Hangover?
You did. You drank too much alcohol.
- Cogeners, are an ingredient in alcohol that helps distinguish
different tastes in different alcoholic beverages. Some are
natural such as phenols in grapes. Others are additives such as
- It is these constituents, together with the alcohol, that cause hangover symptoms such as
headaches and dehydration.
- The hangover headache is also thought to be caused by a type
of low sugar brought on by too much alcohol.
Here we are offering some easy and simple home remedies for hangovers with an explanation of why they should work.
Hangover Remedy - An old fashioned detox using apple cider vinegar and bicarb.
Stir a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of
bicarbonate of soda into half a glass of water, and drink the mixture.
- Bi-carb will help replace any electrolytes you are missing due to
dehydration from too much booze. Bi-carb is also alkaline and
will help neutralize excessive acid that alcohol tends to make your stomach
- Apple cider vinegar, (see uses for vinegar) it is believed, will help the liver dissolve
poisonous matters, like too much alcohol. It also balances the pH
levels and tops up any deficiency in minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium,
sodium and iron, which your hungover system is probably crying out for.
A Tried and Tested Home Remedy for Hangovers from a pub called Blackwoods.
Stir a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, a tablespoon of honey and some lemon juice into a glass of water and drink the mixture.
- Cayenne pepper, believe it or not, is a natural pain reliever.
- Lemons are an excellent source of Vitamin C which helps reduce the
negative effects of toxins and helps remove them from the body.
- Your energy needs boosting and honey,(which also tastes good), will do
this for you, because its glucose content is absorbed very quickly into the
- Honey is also known to keep blood sugar levels fairly constant which
is what you need after last night's party.
- And to top it all, honey also contains fructose which is reputed to
speed up the oxidation of alcohol by the liver.
People ask "Can Milk cure a Hangover?" The answer is no, but try Milk Thistle!
Make a cup of tea by adding a teaspoon of milk thistle seeds to a cup
of water. Boil for 10 minutes. Strain, sweeten with honey and drink
- Milk Thistle's main active ingredient is a flavenoid called Silymarin, which is obtained from the seeds of the plant. It is also available as a supplement.
- Through the ages Milk Thistle ( or Mary Thistle, or Holy Thistle) has been used as a home remedy for hangovers and is
known as a natural herbal remedy that protects the liver from the excesses
of alcohol and even helps this major organ cleanse itself from damaging
substances like alcohol.
Help ease that grotty "morning after feeling" using a simple Home Remedy for Hangovers with Ginger and Honey.
Make an infusion with Ginger, sweeten with honey and add a slice of lemon
- Ginger has been used for centuries as a natural means of relieving
nausea and is believed to counteract the terrible woozy feeling the morning
- The added honey, not only sweetens the tea but also helps speed up the
oxidation of alcohol by the liver due to its fructose content. Honey
will also help boost your energy quickly because it's glucose content is
very rapidly absorbed into the body.
Some of the content in home remedies for hangovers has been offered humorously, but it is not meant as a tolerance for, or an acceptance to heavy drinking, and the serious implications that can arise from this addiction.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.