Amazing Benefits of Oats
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US UNTIL THE WORK IS DONE
Introduction to the Benefits of Oats.
You want to know what the benefits of oats are? Well, the fact that it is an enormously important health food today and the fact that it has been like this for centuries must tell you that this food has benefits or what?
"From the days our Grandmothers gave us a bowl of oats porridge at the end of an over-excited day, or had a cold coming on, till today where research has found that oats has calming, restorative properties for both physical and mental exhaustion and a host of debilitating ailments."
Benefits of Oats
Just check out below the list of what oats actually contain:
- It is rich in Vitamins B1, B2, D and E.
- It has high levels of beta-carotene.
- It is an excellent source of magnesium, calcium, selenium, phosphorous, manganese and dietary fiber.
- It has the highest protein content of all cereals.
- Antioxidant compounds known as avenanthramides are unique to oats.
Oats for Keeping Blood Sugar Stable.
- "The soluble fiber in oats lays down a protective gummy layer in the intestine, which slows the rate at which carbohydrates are absorbed by the body, which in turn helps keep blood sugar levels stable.
- This soluble fiber appears to reduce the output of hormones in the digestive tract, which indirectly lowers the body's production of insulin."
- This is important for people with impaired glucose tolerance, a condition that is similar to diabetes and that increases the risks of heart disease and strokes.
Oats for Cholesterol
- Oats and Oat bran contain polyunsaturated fatty acids that help to lower 'bad' cholesterol and should be included in the daily diet.
- This dietary fiber is rich in beta-glucan which helps to bind cholesterol and remove it from the body via the bowel.
- Having just two servings of porridge a day can lower your cholesterol by 2 to 3% depending on individual responses.
- Keep a check on your cholesterol levels, and if you are not happy then it is time to add oats to your diet.
Oats for Insomnia
- The Carbohydrates in oatmeal cause a serotonin to release in the body.
- Serotonin is a hormone that will decrease your stress level and make you feel happy.
- This neurotransmitter will elevate your mood and you will fall asleep easily.
- We should also add here, that studies have shown that oats are a good natural source of melatonin, the hormone which can regulate our sleep and wake cycles.
Benefits of Oats for preventing Gallstones
- A diet rich in magnesium can lower the risk of gallstones by 30%.
- 1 cup of Oat bran, raw delivers a healthy dose of magnesium.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.