Home Remedies for Shingles
Home Remedies for Shingles is going to start off by detailing the causes of Shingles and then will carry on by itemizing a list of the symptoms of shingles, before getting to the nuts and bolts of the home remedies for shingles you are probably desperately looking for.
If you are over 50 and had chicken pox as a child, carrying on reading..... this could be very important to you.
The culprit here is the varicella-zoster virus.
This virus is the same one that gave you chicken pox all those years ago. It "chilled" in the spinal cord and nerve ganglia until conditions were right to attack you again and this time with Shingles.
So, if you are suffering from any form of physical or emotional stress, have a weakened immune system, due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, the use of steroidal drugs or an HIV infection then you need to check out the symptoms listed below to see if what you suspect is shingles or not.
And then start addressing the simple home remedies for shingles listed below.
What are the first signs of Shingles?
- Extreme sensitivity and a burning sensation in the area of skin about to be infected.
- This sensitivity will be displayed in areas commonly affected by shingles i.e. around the shoulders and waist area, one side of the face and one eye.
- An attack of shingles is often preceded by a few days of the chills, fever and achy feelings.
- There can also be pain in the affected area.
- Appearance of tiny fluid-filled blisters surrounded by a red rim.
- Shooting pains and swollen painful lymph nodes.
- Take your oatmeal and grind it into a fine powder, or else buy colloidal oatmeal if your budget allows.
- Add this to your bath, and enjoy a long soak.
- This will help to relieve the itchiness caused by the blisters.
- It won't last forever, but is very soothing while it does.
Chilli Pepper Ointment
- Do not attempt this before getting the approval of your Doctor or Health Professional.
- Mix some red pepper powder into a tub of plain white unscented body lotion until it turns pink.
- Do a skin test to make sure your skin is not irritated by this chilli lotion.
- Dab onto the affected spots.
- The active ingredient is capsaicin and when applied to the skin it will block pain signals from nerves located just under the surface of the skin.
- The juice of the bulbinella is very effective in the treatment of eczema.
Squeeze the juice from the leaves onto burns, blisters, rashes, insect bites, ITCHY PATCHES, cracked lips, fever blisters, cold stores, pimples, mouth ulcers, cracked skin, bee and wasp stings as well as sores and rashes on animals.
- Remember, for shingles do NOT pop the blisters, this will only expose them to a chance of infection.
- Do not try this before checking with your Doctor or Health Professional.
Things to do, and not to do!!
Vitamin C is one of the most natural home remedies for shingles symptoms.
Studies have shown that there is an increased risk of shingles for those with a decreased intake of Vitamin C.
The FDA recommends 60 milligrams of vitamin C daily.
And remember not to overdo this as it can lead to diarrhea and upset tummies.
- Citrus Fruit
- Avocado Pears
- Brussel sprouts
Stay away from foods high in Arginine.
Ladies, sorry, but chocolate is high in arginine.
Arginine is an amino acid which is believed can aggravate symptoms in people with Herpes.
Boost your immune system
To boost your immune system reduce your intake of alcohol and caffeine.
Most definitely cut down on your smoking, or better still, try giving it up.
Avoid stress as much as possible.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.