Top Avocado Benefits
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some unique way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Welcome to Incredible Avocado Benefits our website page dedicated to exploring the incredible benefits of avocados, nature's green powerhouse.
Before we start on avocado benefits it is interesting to know that this precious oil-rich nutritious fruit and its leaves have been used in medicine since the earliest centuries, and it has never, to this present day, lost its popularity.
Avocados, often hailed as a superfood, have quickly become a beloved ingredient around the globe.
From promoting healthy hair and skin to potentially reducing the risk of cancer, supporting blood pressure management, aiding digestion, and nurturing cardiovascular health, avocados truly offer a treasure trove of natural remedies at our finger tips.
Join us as we delve into the world of avocados and discover why this vibrant fruit is a true gem for your health and culinary pleasure.
People ask, what are Avocado Pears made up of?
Considered by many experts to be the most nutritious of all fruits thanks to the high levels of monounsaturated fatty acids, avocados are also a good source of vitamins A, B3, B6, C E and K, folic acid, beta-carotene, iron, copper, potassium and phosphorus. What a magnificent cocktail of the "good stuff".
Before we go into the benefits of Avo's sit back and relax with a cup of healing tea made with Avocado Leaves.
- Make a tea of ¼ cup of fresh chopped avocado leaves to a cup of boiling water allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain and cool before sipping slowly which will help to lower high blood pressure and is also taken for coughs, colds, fever and bronchitis.
Avocado Benefits for Cardiovascular Problems.
- Avocado is an excellent source of monounsaturated oleic acid and research has shown this beneficial form of fat reduces dangerous LDL cholesterol and at the same time increases the more beneficial HDL cholesterol.
- As well as lowering LDL cholesterol it has also been found that eating avocado can also decrease high blood triglyceride levels, another common predictor of cardiovascular problems.
.Avocado's for Constipation.
- Avocados, believe it or not, are actually a high fiber food despite their creamy texture.
- The avocado benefits of having a high fiber content is that it is beneficial for improving digestion, encouraging regular bowel movements and if that's not enough, it is also well known to help prevent constipation, and is recommended as a milk laxative.
- The fiber in avocados is not only good for preventing constipation, it also helps lower your risk of colon cancer and can even assist in losing weight by making you feel full and wanting to eat less.
Benefits of Avocado for Regulating Blood Pressure.
- Potassium also helps to ease tension in your blood vessel walls, which helps to further lower blood pressure.
- Increased salt levels in the bloodstream reduces the ability of the kidneys to remove water.
- The result of this is higher blood pressure due to extra fluid and extra strain on the delicate blood vessels leading to the kidneys.
- Foods like avocado, that are rich in potassium, lessen the effects of sodium i.e., the more potassium you eat, the more sodium you lose through urine.
Helping to prevent Cancer by eating Avocados.
- Our bodies require antioxidants to protect our cells against cancerous changes due to free radical damage.
- These antioxidants are considered our front-line defense against numerous diseases.
- Another one of avocado's benefits is that they are a good source of antioxidant carotenoids like alpha-carotene, carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Avocado's also contain high levels of Vitamin C and Vitamin E which are also potent anti-cancer antioxidants.
- Vitamin C is believed to be protective against pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
- Vitamin E deficiency has been linked to breast cancer.
Avocado Benefits for your Hair and Skin.
Avocado oil is an excellent carrier oil for essential oils:
- Aromatherapy oils can be added to avocado oil and used as a soothing and gentle massage oil for the skin.
- The avocado oil can also be added to creams, soaps and shampoos.
- For your hair, Boil 3 cups of fresh torn and crushed leaves in 3 liters of water for 15 minutes, cool and strain.
- Use as a final rinse for the hair and massage it well into the scalp.
- It clears scalp conditions and stimulates growth.
Avocados are Good for Those of us Who Have Osteoporosis.
- Probably our tastiest vegetable source of vitamin D, is believed to be useful for helping with osteoporosis, because Vitamin D helps improve your body's absorption of calcium by acting on your intestines.
Avocados for Lowering High Cholesterol.
- Avocados are packed with healthy monounsaturated fats like those found in olive oil, which is well known for helping to lower high cholesterol.
Avocados for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Avocados are high in Vitamin B6 and many experts believe that the typical Western diet contains too little B6.
- Avocado dip could be a pleasant way to get your daily quota and possibly alleviate CTS.
Avocados for Healthy Skin.
- Avocados are rich in vitamins A, D and E, all of which are great for healthy skin. Avocado oil may be helpful whether applied topically or eaten.
The monounsaturated fats in avocado are beneficial for improving your skin tone and appearance.
They are vital for maintaining good moisture levels in the epidermal layer of your skin that makes it look and feel soft and healthy.
The antioxidant carotenoids protect the skin from wrinkles and other visible signs of aging;
- Vitamin E helps guards skin health against aging from sun exposure.
- Vitamin C is involved in the creation of elastin and collagen for maintaining your skin's elasticity and firmness.
Whether enjoyed in salads, spreads, smoothies, or even as a standalone snack, avocados provide a delicious and convenient way to harness their extraordinary health benefits. So, let's embrace the power of avocado's and savor their incredible flavor while reaping the rewards they offer for overall vitality.
Remember, adding avocados to your diet may be a simple yet impactful step towards a healthier and happier life.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.