Home Remedies for Athlete's Foot
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some unique way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Home remedies for Athlete's Foot welcomes you to our sanctuary of footcare wisdom were we'll unveil the secrets of soothing and treating the pesky discomfort of athlete's foot using simple yet potent home remedies.
Bid adieu to the itching, burning and unsightly rashes that come with this common fungal infection.
With our carefully created collection of natural remedies you can take control of your foot health in the comfort of your own home.
Say hello to a world of relief, as we guide you through the most effective and time-tested remedies that will have your feet thanking you in no time.
Get ready to regain your stride and put your best foot forward with these empowering remedies.
Let's dive into our treasure trove of knowledge and discover the transformation power of home remedies for athlet's foot.
What is Athlete's Foot
Athlete's foot is a fungal infection, usually found between the toes and is highly infectious!
Fungal infections can occur at any time without any obvious triggers. And the infections can be severe if the immune system is seriously impaired.
Athlete's foot can be treated succesfully from home if the home remedies are started early.
What are the Symptoms?
- Severe itching
- red skin
- burning or stinging sensation
WHEN TO CALL A DOCTOR
- Your foot is swollen and warm to the touch, especially if there are red streaks.
- The inflammation proves incapacitating.
- You have diabetes and you develop Athlete's foot.
- Pus appears in the blisters of the cracked skin.
The Danger Foods
A diet high in refined carbohydrates such as:
- sugary buns
- sugary instant coffee
- white bread
Can create the ideal environment in which fungal infection such as this can thrive. Avoid carbonated drinks, alcohol and dairy products ( except plain Bulgarian yoghurt)
The Super Foods
- Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet to boost the immune system, especially foods rich in Vitamin C.
- Eat lots of garlic, parsley, celery, lemons and fresh green salads.
- Soak your foot in a mixture of 2tsp of salt per litre of warm water.
- Do this for 5 to 10 minutes a time. And repeat until the problem clears up.
- The saline solution provides an unappealing situation for the fungus and also lessens perspiration.
- Essential Tea Tree Oil use as a foot bath twice daily
- For fungus on your feet especially between the toes, apply a baking soda paste.
- Add a little warm water to one TBSP of baking powder. Rub the paste on the fungus, then rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Finish the treatment by dusting with powder.
- Tea tree essential oil can also be used effectively for treating Athlete's Foot.
- Soak your feet in a basin of water with a drop of Tea Tree oil added.
- Alternatively put one to two drops of Tea Tree Oil onto a piece of cotton wool and dab directly onto the affected area.
Herbal Remedies for Athlete's Foot
- Echinacea tablets or a tincture to help support your immune system.
- Use Marigold or calendula cream to help soothe itching.
- Soak your feet in an infusion of goldenseal which is very well known for its anti-fungal properties.
Words of Caution
Always wash your hands before and after treating your feet, if you don't the fungal infection can spread to your hands too, causing tinea manuum a condition where your hands become dry, itchy and red.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.