Yeast Infection Home Remedies
Welcome to our website page on Yeast Infection Home Remedies. You will find so much of what you need to know about thrush, how to get rid of it naturally and by doing so get back to feeling your normal self again.
So, let's start off by with dealing with the technical issues surrounding yeast infections.
What is Vaginal Thrush?
- Most importantly of all, you must understand that a yeast infection is not caused by bad hygiene and there is absolutely no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed by this medical condition.
- Thrush is a fungal infection caused by a yeast known as Candida albicans.
- These yeast fungi are present in the vagina under normal circumstances when you are completely healthy.
Normally the immune system and acidic vaginal environment (pH4) hold the balance in check.
- When the pH balance in the vagina is disturbed, the conditions are favorable for yeast to have an absolute ball and multiply way out of control, resulting in an infection with all of the very unwelcome symptoms.
Favorable conditions for a Yeast Infection.
- The wearing of tight, synthetic clothing for long periods of time.
- Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, contraceptives, menstruation or menopause.
- A weakened immune system may disrupt the natural pH balance and destroy friendly bacteria, increasing susceptibility to infection. This is so often seen when taking antibiotics.
How do you get rid of a Yeast Infection at Home?
- Plain old fashioned unsweetened Yoghurt is good for this condition.
- But, here is the challenge. You must find one that contains L. acidophilus bacteria and your best bet would be to check out the health shops.
- The sweetened versions of yoghurts rich in L. acidophilus should be avoided, because it is believed that the sugars may provide food for the yeast you are trying to discourage - and may even empower the "good" yeast-fighting acidophilus bacteria.
- One of the old yeast infection home remedies is to insert the yoghurt into the vagina to produce a more acid environment to encourage the growth of protective natural bacteria to help fight the infection.
- So you know what to do Ladies, top and bottom.
Can Apple Cider Vinegar Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Now this is a really nice remedy.
- Anything to do with a warm bath is.
- Add 3 cups of apple cider vinegar into your bath allowing the water to flow into the vagina.
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in natural enzymes that can help regulate the growth of healthy bacteria in the body.
- It can also be taken internally by adding a teaspoon to a cup of tea sweetened with honey.
Bad Foods for Yeast Infections
- All foods that contain sugar.
- All foods that contain gluten.
- Any forms of yeast such as:
- Moldy Cheeses.
The Big Question... can I have sex when I have a yeast infection?
Firstly you have to consult your doctor to ensure that your symptoms are as a result of a yeast infection.
- Itchiness or burning.
- Abnormally white chalky discharge (usually odorless).
- Irritation and or swelling.
Once this has been confirmed then, YES you can have sex, sometimes it can be painful, but it is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD) and is rarely transmitted from one partner to another.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.