Home Remedies for Psoriasis - Natural Homemade Help.
Table of Contents
- Different types of Psoriasis.
- What is Psoriasis and what causes it?
- How to get rid of Psoriasis naturally.
- What is the best "thing" to put on Psoriasis?
Home remedies for Psoriasis looks at natural ways to help with the symptoms of this ailment.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease affecting millions of americans and people world wide. This condition is often hereditary, is not contagious and is rare in countries where the diet is low in fat.
The outer indications of Psoriasis are not only physically
uncomfortable, but can also be embarrassing and emotionally disturbing.
Home Remedies for Psoriasis and the Different forms they Present in.
Plaque Psoriasis - the most common type
of this ailment is characterized by raised, inflamed lesions covered
with a silvery white scale and appears on any skin surface from the
knees, elbows, scalp and the trunk.
Guttate Psoriasis -Is an uncommon form of this ailment and presents
itself differently in the form of small red teardrop shaped dots, that
might have some scale and often appear on the trunk, arms and legs.
A severe case of sunburn can trigger this form of psoriasis and also
persons with a weakened immune system, such as persons suffering from
Aids and rheumatoid arthritis.
Inverse Psoriasis - is found in the warm moist areas of
the body such as the armpit, under the breast and in the groin
area. This type of psoriasis presents itself as smooth inflamed
lesions without scaling and is irritated by rubbing and sweating
Scalp Psoriasis - If you have Psoriasis you have a 50%
chance of developing this type as well, which displays as
inflamed lesions on the scalp.
Nail Psoriasis - This type of Psoriasis can effect the
nails on the toes and the fingers.
- Some sufferers of psoriasis experience an associated arthritis that
is similar to rheumatoid arthritis and is difficult to treat.
As an extra to home remedies for psoriasis take a look at this extremely informative web site on bones and joint pain for more information on psoriatic arthritis.
What is Psoriasis and what causes it?
- Psoriasis (pronounced with a silent p) is a chronic, inflammatory skin disease,
characterized by the proliferation of the skin's outer layer of cells,
which fail to mature and fall off, and then results in reddish patches often covered with
silvery scales, especially on the knees, elbows, scalp and trunk.
- There is no cure as yet, for this non-contagious inflammatory disorder,
which has a genetic factor, has no gender preference, and is almost
unknown in the black community.
- Treatment is aimed at reducing the symptoms.
- Attacks are thought to be caused by stress and general debility often
following a viral or bacterial infection.
How do you get rid of Psoriasis?
Mix one heaped teaspoon of Turmeric in a half glass of water and
drink after breakfast in the morning, and again after supper in the
evening. Try adding some honey to improve the taste.
- Tumeric, is a deep yellow ground spice obtained from the dried root of a
plant related to ginger. It is most frequently used in curries,
pickled fish and is also added to rice to give it a yellow tint.
- The primary function of the liver is to filter and detoxify the blood.
When harmful by-products overwhelm this organ, the levels of toxins will rise
and can aggravate or cause a flare up of psoriasis. Tumeric has been
known to help in correcting liver function.
- Tumeric has long been used in Chinese medicine for the natural
treatment of depression, which is often paired with psoriasis.
- Tumeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is believed to help in the
treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Honey also contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
What is the best "thing" to put on the affected Area?
A big part of this website is listening to what "real" people say actually works for different ailments.
Johan says, that for home remedies for Psoriasis, you must apply Zam-Buk to the afflicted areas, morning and night.
is a traditional topical ointment, favored in Africa for treating
sores, mosquito bites, cuts, rashes and itching and does wonders for
The ointment contains Oil of Eucalyptus, Camphor, oil of Thyme and oil of Sassafras.
- Oil of Eucalyptus is famous for its purifying properties.
- Camphor - Psoriatic skin is dry which can cause a worsening of the
condition. Camphor works as an emollient and helps your skin
retain water, another way for working as home remedies for psoriasis.
- Oil of Thyme - Thyme has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Oil of Sassafras - although this is been used externally,
it is interesting to know that sassafras has been used for centuries as a
herbal tonic to help
cleanse the liver and blood.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.