Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is a perennial plant that is native to India and tropical southern Asia.
It is one of the most common food flavorings and colorings in Asian cuisine, but apart from that it still is one of nature's most powerful healers of the modern world.
Turmeric is the primary anti-inflammatory herb of Ayurvedic Medicine.
Medicinal Properties of Turmeric
- Digestive, stimulant
Turmeric and Arthritis
This could be YOU one day!!
- Turmeric is highly anti-inflammatory. The anti-inflammatory action is well documented, and is believed to work as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs, but without the side-effects.
- Tumeric is very useful to those suffering from arthritis.
- It is also believed that if the turmeric is mixed with frankincense oil it is added help for relieving the pain associated with arthritis.
Turmeric and Cancer
- So.. you have been diagnosed with Cancer and there are many feelings and emotions and painful unpleasant thoughts passing through your head.
- So perhaps you should read up on one "little yellow thing" you might like to have a look at..... curcumin, found in the spice turmeric.
Turmeric with Honey and Lemon, wow... what healing powers in one glass!!
How to take Turmeric?
- You can take it in a powder form and stir 1 tsp into a glass of milk.
- You can also obtain the tincture from your local health shop and follow the instructions on the bottle which will be about 2 to 3 drops which you can add to your tea, to soups or any liquid you use on a daily basis.
- Turmeric pills are also available from your favourite health shop.
What is Curcumin?
Multiple studies have suggested that Curcumin has enormous potential in the prevention and therapy of cancers because of its potential to suppress tumor initiation and by stopping precancerous changes within DNA and interferes with enzymes necessary for cancer progression.
Turmeric for Soothing Skin Ulcers
- Start of by first checking how to make a simple turmeric paste for skin ulcers to be used externally.
- Do a test by trying a little patch of skin first and then use for problems such as eczema, acne, psoriasis, scabies, fungal infestations and skin cancer.
- The antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties contained in Turmeric will help to heal and soothe skin problems.
Turmeric and Alzheimer's
- Research has shown that curcumin-rich dishes have the ability to reduce the effects of Alzheimer's disease.
- Statistics to emphasize this have shown that India has one of the lowest Alzheimer's rates in the world.
Benefits of Turmeric - Eye Health
- Curcumin has also been shown to protect the eyes from free radicals, which are one of the leading causes of cataracts.
- Laboratory studies have found that curcumin was able to reduce free-radical damage to the eyes by 52%
Other Ailments which Turmeric helps with
- Stimulates bile flow from the liver.
- Protects the liver from damage, and has proven to be tonic for this organ.
- Good to take after antibiotics.
- Helps to lower cholesterol and inhibits blood clotting by blocking prostaglandin production.
- Helps as a treatment for psoriasis.
- Used for treating dyspepsia.
- Aids digestion.
- Regulates menstruation.
- Also used for heartburn and stomach ulcers.
- Helps to reduce the risk of colon cancer
- Research has also suggested that it may work against skin cancer.
Are there any Side Effects of Turmeric?
Curcumin should not be taken by anyone who has biliary tract obstruction as curcumin stimulates bile secretion.
It should also be carefully considered if one is taking anticoagulants as curcumin also acts as a blood thinner.
Always check with your Medical practitioner when considering self medication using natural herbs and spices.
You might like these
Check out these incredibly simple acne home remedies to see how you can help prevent and heal the scourge of pimples naturally and at the same time using remedies that are easy on the pocket.
Acne Homemade Remedies - Easy Herbal Face washes, excellent for fighting acne
Authentic home remedies for shingles, together with what causes shingles and the symptoms of shingles.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
Let's hear YOUR healthy opinionLeave us a comment in the box below.