Home Remedies for Tinnitus
Home remedies for tinnitus is dedicated to those people who have their own personal orchestra's, playing inside their ears and head.
Sometimes the perception is a continuous clicking, roaring, ringing and buzzing sound when no external sounds actually exist.
Other times the orchestra saves it's command performance for night time when sleep is so desperately needed.
Most people who develop noise-related hearing loss say they were unaware
that anything was wrong until they developed tinnitus, but in fact, the
damage began long before.
Tinnitus is not a disease, but rather a symptom that can result from a wide range of underlying causes such as:
- ear infections.
- nasal allergies and sinus infections that prevent fluid from draining.
- a build up of wax.
- natural hearing impairment associated with ageing.
- side effects of certain medications.
- air travel.
- high blood pressure.
- inner ear problems.
- Ménière's disease.
- the most common cause is however, sound induced hearing loss.
there is no apparent cause and there isn't always a cure for tinnitus,
but there are various home remedies for tinnitus that you can use to
minimize its effects and make it easier to live with.
Tinnitus masking is perhaps the most common form of tinnitus therapy.
masker produces a sound which is matched to the tinnitus signal,
resulting in the suppression of the ringing buzzing sound. Speak to your
audiologist about using a wearable sound generator (WSG).
placed in the ear like a hearing aid, it fills the ear with a soft white
noise. This white noise distracts the auditory pathways so your brain
won't pay attention to the sounds of tinnitus.
found that white noise reduced ringing in the ears, but have also found
that if the sounds are water and nature sounds they appear to be
significantly more effective in relieving tinnitus.
Over a period of months, it has been found that the volume of sound needed to mask the tinnitus may get progressively lower.
Cut down on Caffeine and Stop Smoking
- Cut down on Caffeine.
- Caffeine constricts blood vessels and temporarily raises blood pressure, which can make the sounds of tinnitus louder.
- The nicotine in cigarettes have the same effect.
Reduce your Salt Intake
- Tinnitus is sometimes caused by Ménière's disease which is a disorder
of the inner ear that effects hearing and balance to a varying degree.
- It is characterized by episodes of vertigo and tinnitus and progressive hearing loss, usually in one ear.
with Ménière's disease should restrict their daily sodium intake by
limiting the use of table salt and by buying low sodium condiments and
other packaged foods.
- Many people with Tinnitus have sworn that the tinnitus appears to improve after a reduction of salt in the diet.
Ginkgo Biloba - Home Remedies for Tinnitus
- Try the Magic of Ginkgo Biloba! This herb has been shown to help some people with tinnitus.
- You will probably have to take this supplement for 4 to 6 weeks to find out if it is going to be beneficial.
- Ginkgo biloba should never be taken if you have a bleeding disorder or are scheduled for surgery or a dental procedure. As always, check this out with your doctor first.
Controlling Stress and Tinnitus as another one of our Home Remedies for Tinnitus.
- If you already have tinnitus, high levels of stress are likely to make the sounds seem even louder.
Try meditation, practice yoga, or retreat to the movies for the
afternoon, but you have to find a way to reduce your stress levels.
- Daily aerobic exercise helps distract you from the noise, improves circulation and reduces stress levels.
- Better circulation may also help your cardiovascular health and reduce the incidence of vascular-related tinnitus.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
Let's hear YOUR healthy opinionLeave us a comment in the box below.