Home Remedies for Fever Blisters (Coldsores)
Home Remedies for Fever blisters can come in very handy for those unsightly sores that pop out on your mouth and last from 10 to 14 days.
There is no cure for fever blisters and once you have the little "bugger" virus you are stuck with it for life. It lies dormant until the circumstances are just right and then bingo.... it wakes up.
What we need to do now, is to gather all the information that we can about cold sores, so we can see how we are going to tackle the awakening of this virus and reduce the risk of future attacks.
What Causes Fever Blisters?
Fever Blisters are highly contagious and are caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus.
There are various types of the Herpes Virus namely:
- Herpes simplex Type 1. which causes fever blisters
- Herpes simplex Type 2. which causes genital herpes
- Herpes zoster which causes chicken pox and may go on to give people shingles in later life.
What wakes this virus up?
- Excessive stress.
- Colds or other minor infections.
- Increased exposure to ultraviolet rays.
- Consumption of immune suppressant drugs.
What are the Worst Foods to eat if you are prone to Fever Blisters?
- Foods containing Gelatine
How do you Get Rid of a Blister on Your Lip?
Make an infusion of the following herbs
Allow the infusion to cool and dab onto the spot or spots using a piece of cotton wool.
Oregano has extensive documented folk history as a treatment for herpes, it has analgesic, antiherpatic (countering herpes) and antiviral compounds.
- Cloves have also been documented as having antiherpatic properties.
- Cinnamon helps to boost the immune system.
- Peppermint is there for the taste.
What is the Best Treatment for Cold Sores?
- This Biblical fruit is said to be extremely good for fever blisters.
- Some Folks say use the skin and others say use the juice.
- The most popular belief however, is to grate the skin and dab onto the blisters, and then eat the fruit. A double whammy for cold sores.
- Figs contain antiherpetic (countering herpes) and antiviral compounds.
A few little hints of other "stuff" to use as Home Remedies for Fever Blisters.
- Apply a water based zinc solution as soon as you feel the tingling, it will help speed up healing.
- Dab some raw flaxseed oil (linseed oil), repeating at intervals.
- Put some Vicks (petroleum jellly) on as soon as you feel a blister forming, this will help keep the sore moist and prevent cracking.
- Chew some raw ginger (ugh) to eliminate mouth fungus.
- Apply ice as soon as tingling starts.
To give your immune system the best chance of fighting off an attack of any herpes virus, reduce your intake of the usual:
And now for the Foods to Heal and the Foods to avoid.
There is a power struggle between two amino acids namely Lysine and Arginine, that determines whether the virus "lives or dies".
Arginine helps the virus to replicate itself and the following foodstuffs should be AVOIDED:
- And most nuts including peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and walnuts.
Lysine suppresses replication of the virus and here is the list of foods which contain this amino acid and should be eaten
- Dairy Products
- Brewer's Yeast
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.