Top Benefits of Bananas
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Welcome to our website page Benefits of Bananas dedicated to exploring numerous health benefits of the humble banana.
- Before we start, it is interesting to note that technically the banana plant is regarded as an herb and not a tree, because the stem does not contain true woody tissue.
- The banana itself, however, is undoubtedly a fruit, and when commercially grown are sterile plants with the seeds reduced to little specks.
- Bananas, with their vibrant yellow peel, and sweet creamy flesh, are not only a delicious and convenient snack but also a nutritional powerhouse, packed with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber, this tropical fruit offers a multitude of benefits for our overall well-being.
- From providing sustained energy and supporting digestion to promoting heart health and boosting mood, bananas have earned their reputation as a go-to fruit for nourishing the body and mind.
|Banana with Honey
Banana with Oats
So, let's peel back the layers and discover the incredible secrets of the banana.
Enjoy the Benefits of Bananas by Eating at Least One a Day.
Bananas are rich in vitamins A,B and C and are rich in minerals especially potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, as well as Tryptophan. They are also a very good source of dietary fiber.
Why is the Potassium in Bananas so Good for You?
- A normal size banana can contain a massive 360mg of Potassium which is one of the most important electrolytes in the body as it controls the fluid balance, regulates heart function, protects against heart disease, strengthens the arterial walls, stabilizes blood pressure and protects the body from tension.
- Potassium and magnesium are important electrolytes which will reduce your risk of cramping (sudden and involuntary muscle spasms).
- There are many foods which are rich in potassium and if you include delicious oranges and tasty avocado pears, along with your banana what a tasty trio for giving you the potassium your body required, with no cooking and no fuss.
- A perfect fruit to use regularly in your diet if you are a long distance runner or cyclist.
- Most experienced dedicated cyclists will vouch for the importance of ensuring that bananas will be taken on long rides
Banana Peel for Nourishing your Roses
- Banana Peels are rich in nourishing vitamins and minerals, including calcium, sulfur, magnesium and trace elements that naturally fertilize and revitalize the flowers.
- So bury some peels around the base of your rose bushes, sit back and wait.
Dry the banana peel out and add directly to the soil, it contains so many nutrients that the growing plants and vegetables alike.
Banana Peel for Ridding your Kitchen of Annoying Flies.
- Get a big glass jar, punch holes in the lid, put the banana peels in the lid, and watch what happens, the flies get a smell of the bananas and head straight through the holes, and that's them!! They cannot get out.
Another One of the Benefits of Bananas is to Help you get a Good Night's Sleep!
Little bit of technical "stuff" first.
- Bananas contain Tryptophan which is converted into a hormone called Serotonin. The body does not produce this hormone it must be obtained from our diet.
- Serotonin is fondly known as the "happy hormone" because it brings on feelings of calm and relaxation, a feeling of well being and sleepiness which all helps for depression, anxiety and not battling to sleep.
Other Foods that Contain Tryptophan
Benefits of Bananas for Constipation.
- Bananas have a high fiber content which promotes and normalizes regular bowel movements, soothes stomach ulcers and gives that energy boost we so often need.
- And not to be distasteful, but the old folks used to say that when you go to the loo and it doesn't slide out like a banana, then you are either constipated or you have diarrhea.
- While we on the subject, constipation can cause hemorrhoids, so take the banana peel and using a blender whip it into a paste and apply it to the "affected area" using a gauze strip and leave for about 30 minutes.
- It will help clean the area, reduce the swelling, and relieve pain because they have anti-inflammatory properties.
If you have an ileostomy bag, the specialists on the correct diet for this condition, all advise that you rather don't eat bananas as it can cause a blockage.
Banana Peel for Skin Issues
Don't discard the banana peel, it is incredibly good for skin issues!
- The nutrients contained in the banana peel, namely Vitamin C and E and the potassium, zinc, iron and manganese can help calm inflamed skin and reduce acne outbreaks.
- All you have to do is rub the banana peel over your skin and leave for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse your skin and repeat twice daily.
- Banana Peels contain histamine lowering nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin C and vitamin E, which will help to relieve itching from itchy skin including mosquito bites.
- Once again, all you have to do is apply the skin to the affected area and leave it on for 10 minutes. Remove and repeat to additional areas.
Banana Peel for Splinters
- This is such good information to have, tape a small piece of the freshly peeled banana skin directly over where the splinter is lodged.
- The enzymes and other oils from the peel will absorb into the skin, which will push the splinter to the surface, normally after about 30 mins.
Banana Peel for Facial Wrinkles
- The antioxidants and vitamin C in bananas can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Rub the peel of the banana over your skin and leave for 30 minutes, or even overnight. Wash your face, moisturize and repeat 3 time a week.
Banana Peel for Cleaning Silver
- The inside of a banana peel contains substances such as potassium that help clean metal object. So when your silver begins to lose it's luster or begins to tarnish.
- So, all you have to do is place the banana peels in a blender, slowly add ½ cup of water and mix until it becomes a paste.
- Rub your silver with the paste for a few minutes and buff with a dry cloth.
In conclusion, the benefits of bananas are truly remarkable, making them a must have addition to a healthy and balanced diet. From their ability to provide sustained energy and support digestion, to their potential for promoting heart health, boosting mood, and even aiding in weight management. Bananas are a versatile and nutrient-dense fruit that can benefit our overall well-being.
Whether enjoyed on their own, blended into smoothies, or incorporated into various culinary creations bananas offer a delicious and convenient way to harness there extraordinary health benefits.
So... let's embrace the power of bananas and savor the natural sweetness while reaping the rewards they offer for our vitality and happiness.
Remember, adding bananas to your diet can be a simple yet impactful step towards a healthier and more vibrant life.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.