Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids (or fondly known as piles)
- Can these natural home remedies for hemorrhoids help for the swollen varicose veins that occur around the "bottom" and in the rectum i.e. the lowest part of the colon?
- Yes! These remedies can, so read on and find out how.
- These bulging veins can cause a lot of pain and makes one wonder about the origin of saying "pain in the backside...?"
Do Hemorrhoids go away on their Own?
This is another one of those ailments that causes much laughter and merriment for all and sundry, excepting the person who is suffering from it'
It must be kept in mind that if these "piles" are not dealt with sooner rather than later they will enlarge and become a problem.
So before we go to our home remedies for hemorrhoids lets start as always by first checking out .......
What are the symptoms of Hemorrhoids?
What causes Hemorrhoids
- Liver damage.
- Food allergies.
- Insufficient dietary fiber.
- Sitting or standing for prolonged periods.
- Extended bouts of constipation resulting in straining when it becomes hard to "go".
- Lifting heavy objects.
- Lack of exercise.
Different types of Hemorrhoids
- These bulging veins develop under the skin right at the outside of the anal cavity.
- They can swell, turn purple and be extremely painful.
- These "piles" occur inside the bottom in the area known as the rectum, the very end bit of the colon.
- They are usually painless, but do tend to bleed and when they bleed, the blood is a very bright red color.
- When one of the above falls out of the rectum, it will be accompanied by a mucous discharge and heavy bleeding.
- These hemorrhoids can become thrombosed (form clots within) and when this happens they are very very very painful.
What not to eat when you have Hemorrhoids?
Too Much Fiber
- Fiber is bulk forming and therefore creates larger stools which will aggravate the problem.
- While Laxatives prevent constipation they also promote loose stools which more often than not have a high acid content which will irritate the hemorrhoids.
- Alcohol is dehydrating which can lead to constipation which makes eliminating a stool more painful.
- Spicy foods can cause diarrhea which can be excruciatingly painful when your tummy has to work during a hemorrhoid flare up.
- Rather avoid them until hemorrhoid flare up has blown over.
- Unripe fruit is difficult to digest and can contain certain constipating compounds until it has ripened.
How Can I Treat Hemorrhoids at Home?
Hemorrhoids Home Remedy No. 1
- 1 large bottle white Vaseline
- 1 cake of camphor
- 4 teaspoons white surgical spirits.
This is a very old home remedy and probably the reason for it is that camphor combats inflammation as well as it been an antiseptic and an analgesic.
Apply to the hemorrhoids once a day. It will burn, but the relief afterwards is heavenly. Do not use continuously for more than 3 days.
- Grate the camphor finely into a saucepan.
- Add Vaseline and mix with the grated camphor.
- Melt over heat till the camphor has liquified.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Spoon mixture into a glass jar and add the 4 teaspoons of spirits.
- Keep stirring until properly mixed.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids Number 2.
Now this is an interesting one, based on folklore and word of mouth.
- Place your bare "bum" in a container of cold water, and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- This is believed to shrink the piles.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids Number 3.
- Add a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper to a glass of fruit juice and drink this concoction once a day.
- It will burn a "little" when going to the toilet, which you will get used to.
- And it apparently works like a bomb for painful hemorrhoids.
- Cayenne is good for many things, and one of them is that it is a completely natural pain reliever, and also detoxifies the colon making bowel movements easier.
And the last of our Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids.
- See if you can get a bottle of Timjan. It is a unique herbal tonic, which is manufactured in South Africa.
- It consists of Aloe Juice and is reputed to be rich in vitamins, minerals and also amino acids, various carbohydrates and anti-inflammatory agents.
- It, reputedly, has no negative side effects on the body.
- And we have been told that it is excellent for hemorrhoids.
- So give it a bash, if it doesn't help the "piles" it will give you lotsa of other healthy goodies for your body.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.