Home Remedies for Sore Throats
Home Remedies for sore throats gives some natural relief for this common health complaint faced by each and all at some time or another in our lives
Normally a sore throat lasts about
three to four days but if symptoms persist for any longer, then you know
what you have to do,
Thats right, you should go and see the doctor.
See the list of some of the issues (apart from the normal infections) which can lower the body's
resistance to infection and can also be the cause of sore throats.
Sometimes you can be suffering from reflux and not even realize it.
This return of stomach acids into the throat can also be a cause of a persistent sore throat.
OK, let's get started and examine some really simple and easy home remedies for sore throats that can stand up proudly to scientific scrutiny.
How do I get rid of a sore throat quickly?
Another one of our onion home remedies, but this time we are looking at effective and simple home remedies for sore throats.
Chop 6 onions,
Add 6 oz of honey
Place in a double boiler and cook slowly over a low heat for two hours.
Strain, and drink this onion syrup regularly during the day, and preferable when warm because it tastes far better.
What helps an irritated Throat?
Pour 1 cup of boiling water into a 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves.
Allow to stand for 5 minute.
Then strain allow to cool and use as a gargle 3 times per day.
- Sage has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties that are recommended as an effective gargle for sore throat and tonsillitis.
- Red Sage is preferable to Garden Sage but both are claimed to work.
- Do not use sage if you suffer from any type of seizure disorder, or are pregnant, or nursing.
Take a cup of boiling water and add one tablespoon of grated fresh horeseradish.
Add a tsp of honey
And a tsp of ground cloves
Sip slowly and stir continuously.
has antibiotic properties which are known to be active against a
variety of bacteria.
- It also has a high sulfur content which may
contribute to its antibiotic properties.
- Healing with honey is a favorite of this website because of honey's anti-microbial and natural antioxidant properties which help heal and reduce infection
- Cloves have anti-fungal and anesthetic properties, which are excellent for sore throats.
Lemon Juice and Honey
1 glass of lemon juice
2 tsp of raw honey
1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cayenne pepper is a natural pain killer
- The propolis contained in honey provides a natural antibiotic for sore throat sufferers.
- And the vitamin C in lemon juice has immune boosting properties for help with healing infections.
- Remember that honey should never be given to babies.
And then some little extra's that can also be used as home remedies for sore throats.
- Raspberry juice can be used as a gargle because it has very good antiseptic properties.
- Blackberries - a useful source of Vitamin C which helps fight infection and boosts the immune system.
- Rosemary can also be used as an excellent antiseptic gargle.
- Take plenty of fruit and vegetables for vitamin C
- Oily fish for vitamin D
- Olive oil and avocados for vitamin E
- And remember the yoghurt to protect against the effects of any antibiotics.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.