"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
GOUT HOME REMEDIES
What Causes Gout
Home Remedies for Gout
Natural Remedies for Gout
Welcome to Gout Home Remedies website and if you are one of the millions of individuals who have experienced the excruciating pain and discomfort of gout, you know just how debilitating it can be. But fear not, for nature has provided us with a plethora of remedies that can alleviate symptoms and help manage this condition from the comfort of your home.
From dietary adjustments to herbal remedies, we have gathered a trove of information to empower you on your journey forward towards finding relief and restoring balance to your life.
So, take a moment to relax, grab a cup of soothing herbal tea, and let us guide you throught the realm of gout home remedies.
What Causes Gout
Ask most people "what causes gout?" and they will tell you that booze does.
WRONG, booze will aggravate the problem but it is not the cause of gout. An excess of uric acid in our bodies is the root of this problem.
The first things to blame here are the kidneys, if they are not doing their job properly by eliminating uric acid.
And then You.... Mr or Mrs Gout Sufferer.... are the next to blame by taking in too many foods rich in purines.
GOUT AND URIC ACID
- We all have uric acid in our bodies which is excreted in the urine.
- It should be noted that uric acid in itself is not a harmful substance.
- It is in fact a powerful antioxidant, which is considered almost as powerful as vitamin C. which protects cells from oxidative damage.
- It is only when the levels become abnormally elevated that it becomes a problem.
- And that it is when you should consult your Doctor!!
- Elevated levels could be an indicator of a kidney malfunction and should be medically assessed.
has been found that people who have gout do not produce enough of the
digestive enzyme uricase, which is what oxidizes the relatively
insoluble uric acid into a highly soluble compound.
We have set out that gout is caused by a defect in the body's ability to metabolize uric acid, but in answer to the question What Causes Gout, we need to know what triggers these agonizingly painful incidents.
- Overindulgence in food
- Excess Alcohol
- A family history of Gout
Gout and Arthritis
- Gout is a type of Arthritis.
- It has the reputation of been the most prevalent form of arthritis.
- It is more prevalent in men, but women are starting to catch up as more and more women are now known to be suffering from gout.
Why does Gout prefer the Big Toe?
What causes gout is the first frequently asked question and the second is why the big toe?
It is not really known, but the theory is that because uric acid is more likely to crystallize at lower temperatures, this may just explain why roughly 90% of gout attacks affect cooler extremities like the big toe.
What Foods cause Gout?
Purines are metabolized to uric acid in the body and eventually the uric acid forms needle-like crystals that behave like needles and start jabbing the joint leading to acute bouts of gout.
Foods to avoid include the following:
HOME REMEDIES FOR GOUT
Take a look a these Gout Home Remedies and see which one can help you soothe the extremely painful symptoms of a bout of gout, which comes on suddenly and without any warning.
Gout, dubbed as the "rich man's illness", is a great source of amusement for others.
But you ask anyone who has suffered from this and they will tell you in detail that it is no laughing matter.
It is seriously painful.
What is Gout
- Gout, a form of arthritis, occurs when the levels of uric acid in the body become excessive and the body is unable to metabolize this quickly enough to eliminate as urine.
- The build up of uric acid results in the formation of crystal-like deposits which will settle in a joint, the favored one is seemingly the joint of the big toe.
- These urate crystals can collect in the urinary tract of a gout sufferer and can then lead to Kidney stones.
- It is thought to be hereditary when the body is unable to eliminate this uric acid quickly enough.
- Gout is also associated with obesity and is more prevalent in men.
What Triggers an Attack of Gout
- Over-indulgence in foods rich in purines such as red meat and alcohol are believed to trigger, but not be the cause, of the acute symptoms of a gout attack.
Try this Natural Gout Remedy using a mixture of Epsom Salts, Cream of Tartar and Flowers of Sulfur.
- 1 pkt Epsom Salts
- 1 pkt Cream of Tartar
- 1 pkt Flowers of Sulfur
- Mix all the ingredients together and place in an airtight container.
- Take a half teaspoon stirred into a glass of water first thing every morning.
Epsom salts are made of the mineral magnesium sulfate which draws toxins from the body.Cream of tartar contains potassium which assists in lowering uric acid in the blood.Flowers of sulfur helps the body repair bone and connective tissue in the joints.|
And Another Home Remedy Using Leaves of the Arum Lily
- This remedy is based on folklore and hearsay. But it is believed that the leaves of an Arum Lily are rich in vitamin C and this Vitamin helps reduce damage that toxins do to the cells.
- Take a few leaves of the Arum Lily.
- Do not crush or bruise the leaf and heat it up in water.
- Apply this as a plaster to the gout infected area for relief of itching and peeling of the skin which is one the the unpleasant after effects of a gout attack.
A simple Gout Home Remedy using a poultice made from the Ordinary Onion.
- One thick slice of bread
- One large onion
- Heat the milk, and pour onto the slice of bread.
- Grate the onion and add to the milk and bread. Mix into a paste and place on the inflamed gout infected area. Keep in place with a retaining dressing.
- Quercetin is a flavonoid contained in onions which has natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is a powerful anti-oxidant as well as a natural anti-histamine, all very useful in helping soothe the painful symptoms of gout.
What is the Best Cure for Gout?
A bowl of cherries a day........... will keep my gout at bay!
- Cherries are a good source of potassium.
Potassium helps convert uric acid into a substance more readily disposable of by the kidneys through urination.
- And as the last word, try munching on celery stalks or take 2 to 4 celery seed extract daily.
- Celery not only helps maintain healthy blood pressure due to its good source of potassium, but it also helps the kidneys to function efficiently and thereby hasten the excretion of wastes.
- it contains an natural anti-inflammatory which can help to alleviate the painful symptoms of gout.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR GOUT
By Using these Natural Gout Remedies you can learn to structure your diet to avoid those foods that will trigger a gout attack.
So let's determine what foods we should be having healthy helpings of, and the "nasties" we should be avoiding like the plague.
- You can also run the risk of developing kidney stones and if you think gout is bad, wait till you get kidney stones!!
- Gout is thought to be hereditary, and there is no cure for it.
- Uric acid seems to prefer the big toe, but other joints can be vulnerable as well, including the fingers.
- Acute pain is normally the first sign of an incoming attack of gout. Bit late for natural gout remedies, but try dosing with only raw fruits and vegetables - especially those rich in Vitamin C.
"Be temperate in eating, wine, girls and sloth. Or the gout will seize you and plague you both".
~ Benjamin Franklin ~
What can you Take Naturally for Gout?
- Water is the best choice of liquid because it passes through the body quickly without any unnecessary additives such as the sugar in sodas and fruit juices.
- Water, is an absolute must for natural gout remedies.
- Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water per day. Always keeping in mind that you drink less water than what you think you do.
- So make a note of each glass of water that you drink to ensure you get your full 10 - 12 glasses a day.
What Foods Help Relieve Gout
Always ensure that you have enough potassium in your diet to avoid a debilitating gout attack.
Potassium aids the excretion of uric acid by maintaining the pH levels in the body fluids and keeping the urine alkaline.
- Help yourself to as many cherries that you want.
- Blueberries, cherries and strawberries neutralize uric acid and have antioxidant properties, so eat as many as you like.
- Potatoes are high in potassium therefore good for helping to keep the urine alkaline.
What Triggers Gout Flare-ups? PURINES DO
Purines are natural substances found in most foods and found in all of the body's cells.
It is normal and healthy for uric acid to be formed in the body from the breakdown of purines, but in certain instances the uric acid levels can become too high.
When this happens a bout of gout could occur, so you need to avoid the foods that are high in purines and help prevent the gradual build-up of uric acid salts in the joints.
- Asparagus especially the tips.
OK so far? mmmph!
- Kidney and liver
Alcohol and Fried Fatty Foods
Sorry chaps, but beer and alcohol is out, or at the very least, should be drunk in moderation.
- Overindulgence in alcohol and especially beer can trigger an attack of gout.
- Beer contains yeast and yeast is believed to increase the levels of uric acid in the blood.
- Excessive alcohol also impairs the kidneys' ability to eliminate uric acid.
- No fried foods cooked with oil that has been subjected to heat, are allowed.
- When heated, oils become rancid.
- Rancid fats quickly destroy vitamin E, resulting in the release of increased amounts of uric acid
Been overweight is commonly associated with gout and can help speed up the onset of symptoms.
- Lose the excess pounds.
- Avoid very restricted weight-loss diets.
- Abruptly cutting back on foods or fasting for longer than three days may result in increased uric acid levels.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.