Home Remedies for Constipation
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
We will be examining a delicate subject when dealing with Home Remedies
for Constipation, and will try our very best to word this absolutely
natural and vital bodily function, in a manner that is acceptable to all.
Constipation is the term used for the difficulty in passing stools.
Or in other words, the inability of not been able to have a decent
Regular bowel movements indicate a healthy bowel and reduces the risk of large-bowel disease, particularly cancer of the colon and the resultant need for a colostomy or ileostomy bag .
Natural laxatives and foods high in fiber also form part of constipation home remedies.
Alternating constipation and diarrhea may be a sign of irritable bowel syndrome rather than constipation.
And a Doctor said to me one day, if it does'nt slide out like a banana You are either constipated or you have diarrhea...
What Causes Constipation?
- In today's times we spend so much time in front of our computers and
disregard what the lack of exercise is doing to our bodies.
- Heavy consumption of processed foods, too much fat and protein in the diet is a major cause of constipation.
activity speeds up the movement of waste through the intestines,
thereby helping with constipation problems.
- Bad bowel movements, in other words not "going" when the need arises is another principle cause of constipation.
age - getting on in years is not for the weak and amongst all the
other ailments inflicted upon the older person, constipation is added to
- Constipation is common in pregnancy.
levels of calcium and low levels of thyroid hormones are two metabolic
disturbances that can interfere with regular bowel movements.
- And a magnesium deficiency is also believed to be a cause of constipation, once again natural solutions can be obtained.
- Lack of fiber - Fiber and some forms of starch are fermented in the large bowel and provide the bulk that helps to stimulate the muscles of the colon so that digested food can be pushed through the gut.
- Insufficient liquid intake - your body always needs to be properly hydrated to prevent the dense mass of digested food in the colon becoming further dehydrated and making it dry and hard and difficult to pass through the system.
- Medications such as iron supplements painkillers and antibiotics can also be reasons for constipation.
- Stress - that one thing that causes so many problems in our lives, is also a cause of constipation.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF BEING CONSTIPATED
- bad breath.
- body odor.
- coated tongue.
Natural Laxatives That can be used to Treat Constipation
It must be noted that herbal laxatives, just as much as their chemical counterparts, need to be carefully chosen and correctly dispensed preferably under the supervision of a herbal practitioner.
- Aloe Vera heals and cleanses the digestive tract which aids in forming soft stools.
- Ginger stimulates the digestive tract.
- Milk Thistle aids liver function and enhances the bile output to soften stools.
- Senna leaves have been used for centuries to help relieve and prevent constipation.
- Paw paw or papaya seeds are rich in enzymes called papain which is similar to the protein enzymes produced by the pancreas which helps with digestion. Paw Paw is also rich in fiber.
- Catmint - Use the leaves and flowers to make an infusion. Catnip is believed to be beneficial in aiding digestion and thereby sorting out constipation.
- Flax, is a bulk laxative, stretching and lubricating the gut wall.
- Yellow Dock, encourages evacuation while at the same time improving digestion.
- Peppermint contains menthol which has antispasmodic properties especially useful in the gastrointestinal tract for relieving constapation.
- Chamomile, relaxes the bowel.
What can I use as a Natural Laxative?
The Master Blaster
- 8 stoned prunes
- seedless raisins
- dried figs
- 1 oz of senna powder
- Blend all ingredients and moisten with water.
- Put in an airtight container and take one tablespoon each evening.
Another Master Blaster.
- 1kg of honey
- 500g dried figs
- 500g raisins
- 500g prunes
- 500g dried peaches.
- Soak the prunes and peaches in water until soft and then mince all the ingredients, excepting the honey.
- Mix the honey into the mixed fruit and take 1 tablespoon of this "musical medley" of constipation relieving fruits in the evening.
Important to Carry on Reading
What Fruits Help for Constipation?
|Benefits of Apples
- Raisins, like our friends above, are also high in fiber, and they in turn have their own compound called tartaric acid, which acts as a natural laxative.
- Rye Bread, another source of the fiber required to keep things moving.
- Squash, not only helps with lowering high blood pressure but is also a very good source of fiber.
- Apples a bountiful source of fiber found mainly in the skin of the apple.
- Berries, a sweet solution to getting the insoluble fiber required for warding off constipation.
- Prunes, one of the most effective foodstuffs for preventing constipation. Prunes are high in fiber and contains a compound which stimulates the intestinal contractions required for regular bowel movements.
- Whole Grains will prevent constipation by bulking up and softening stools.
How do you get Rid of an Impacted Stool?
- You will find the first one blocking the opening will slide out fairly easily and the rest will just follow.
- A "job" well done.
- And always keep in mind, if it doesn't come out like a banana, you are either constipated or you have diarrhea.
Now THIS....... is a delicate subject!!
- It can happen, and it can be very stressful.
- Remember, never ever insert any foreign object into your backside, you could do serious damage.
- Always keep a pair of surgical gloves in your loo.
- And also a bottle of coconut oil, which is very good for many things apart from this delicate procedure.
- Put on the gloves and apply the coconut oil in and around your bottom, you might have to use your fingers to remove any piece of stool extending from the opening. Sit back and relax, do not push.
- If constipation is persistent, develops suddenly or with pain, be sure to seek medical attention!!
- And on the other end if you have diarrhea and it persists or is accompanied by fever, or if there is mucus or blood in the stools, seek medical attention.
DON'T FORGET TO EXCERCISE, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR AGE IS
94.7 Cycle Ride Johannesburg South Africa
30 Minutes of exercise daily is recommended.
- You can walk.
- You can run.
- you can cycle.
- you can swim.
And finally remember that when using foods as a natural remedy, avoid those that have little or no fiber, such as cheese, ice cream, meat and processed foods.
Eat the foods rich in fiber, get on the bran wagon and know that an apple a day keeps constipation at bay.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.