"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Bladder Infection Home Remedy
If a simple Bladder Infection Home Remedy is what you are after, then this is the place to be, but before we get to the home remedies part, lets look at some "technical" information on Bladder Infections.
Types of Bladder Infections
- Cystitis - An infection of the bladder.
- Urethritis - An infection of the Urethra.
- Acute Pyelonephritis - A kidney infection.
Causes of Bladder Infections
- In women, bacteria been transferred from the bottom (the anus) to the vagina and urethra and then to the bladder can cause a bladder infection, this is because of the closeness of the bottom (the anus) to the vagina and the urethra.
- In men bacteria can reach the bladder by ascending through the urethra or by an infected prostate gland.
The Risk of Bladder infections can be Increased by:
- Sexual intercourse
- Use of a diaphragm
Symptoms of a Bladder Infection
- A strong urge to have a "wee". (see also incontinence).
- Painful sensation whilst trying to relieve yourself.
- Burning sensation whilst urinating.
- A need to "go" frequently with not too much success.
- Cloudy urine.
- Strong or smelly urine.
- Blood in the urine.
If you are displaying any of these symptoms then it is very important that you take yourself off to your doctor for a check-up.
It may not be serious, but the sooner you have it checked out the less chance the infection has of turning into something serious and spreading to your kidneys.
p.s if your urine is very yellow it is probably from a vitamin supplement that you are taking.
Ever wondered if you are incontinent?
Incontinence, is an involuntary leakage of urine. It doesn't matter if it is just a drop or 10 drops, it is incontinence, and is treated completely differently.
Bladder Infection Home Remedy
1 Cup Barley
2 Liters of water
Simmer ingredients until the barley is tender (approx 1 hour) keep topping up water if necessary.
Strain and store the liquid in a glass container with a lid.
Drink one glass daily.
Ancient treatments have always included Barley as an effective method of easing symptoms of a bladder infection.
These ancient treatments also say it helps prevent tooth decay and eases the release of kidney stones.
More recently it has been found that the hordenine in barley will help Asthma sufferers by relieving broncial spasms and releasing tension in the lungs.
If you are an Irritable Bowel sufferer, it is also believed that you will respond well to barley, and whilst it is doing all of the above it is very good for keeping your cholesterol in line with healthy norms, sorting out diarrhoea and prevents hair loss.
Shew..... sounds worth a try hey?
How do I get rid of a UTI without Antibiotics?
6 cups of cranberry fruit only
1 cup of honey
1 cup of brown sugar
1 stick cinnamon
2 cups of water
Mix all ingredients together and allow to simmer until sugar and honey are dissolved, stirring frequently.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice, strain and pour into a glass bottle with a lid.
Pour a 1/4 of a glass and top up with iced water. Not only delicious to drink but is also believed to help soothe the symptoms of a bladder infection.
Why you ask? Well it is believed that cranberry juice prevents E.coli from attaching to the walls of the bladder, and it is also believed that it not only helps for the symptoms but it also helps prevent bladder infections.
Use an agent like citro-soda dissolved in water to help neutralize the urine.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar good for Urinary Tract Infection?
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 glass of water
Mix the above two ingredients and drink 2 to 3 glasses per day.
Apple cider vinegar not only gives you all the goodness of apples but it also makes your body's internal pH more alkaline, which discourages the growth of bacteria. It also helps detox the body and cleanses the kidneys.
Herbs for Bladder Infections
- Celery - Celery seed extracts are analgesic, anti-inflammatory and have diuretic properties, which makes it a natural choice as a bladder infection home remedy. Celery also helps for nervous conditions and is effective against flatulence.
- Buchu - You can get capsules at your local heal shop or even tea bags, which will help relieve the burning sensation during urination related to a bladder infection.
- Parsley - which is also a diuretic (which means " it is a substance that causes more urine to be secreted".) It helps to cleanse the kidneys and bladder and the whole urinary system. It is also an effective arthritis and gout treatment.
- Fennel - once again this is a diuretic, and as a bonus is good for helping with heartburn and nausea.
- Flaxseed - has been used through the ages for treating bladder infections, and is also known to be good for back aches and spasms.
- Watercress - a safe diuretic and can help break up kidney stones.
And Lastly some self-care and Prevention Tips
- Ladies, after been to the Loo wipe yourself from front to back.
- Always have a wee as soon as possible when the urge arises.
- Empty your bladder as soon as possible after having sex.
- Drink lots of fluid.
- And see your Doctor if the problem persists.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.