Home Remedies for Teething
Home Remedies for Teething is the first chapter in a lifelong relationship that we will all encounter with our teeth.
This is the chapter to help prevent you from saying "I don't want this child, take him back to where he came from".
- Home Remedies for Teething is the first chapter in a lifelong relationship that we will all encounter with our teeth.
- This is the chapter to help prevent you from saying "I don't want this child, take him/her back to where ever they came from".
I just made you smile, didn't I?
Symptoms of Teething.
- Drooling always seems to be an
indication of teething about to start, but experts say this is merely
a production of more saliva by the child who has not yet mastered
the art of swallowing it, rather than it being a sign of the
- chronic crying
- loose bowel movements
- irregular sleep patterns
- Folk lore stories say that a classic symptom of teething is a red mark on one cheek.
Home Remedy for a Teething Ointment
- Fill a small jar with chamomile flowers and top up with a herbal syrup. (You can very easily even grow your very own chamomile).
- Not sure how to do this? Then follow this link for preparing herbs and discover how simple it is to make a herbal syrup.
- If making a syrup for babies under one year DO NOT USE HONEY. Honey contains c.botulinum spores and the immune system in babies under 1 year of age is not yet developed enough to fend off this strain.
- ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS TO WHEN IT WOULD BE OK TO GIVE YOUR CHILD HONEY!!
- When the tooth starts coming through, strain the mixture and rub the syrup very sparingly on the gum. Do this gently but firmly.
- Chamomile is a well known remedy for calming children.
- Mom and Dad should probably have a cup of chamomile tea at the same time as chamomile helps to relax the nervous system.
What Home Remedy is good for Baby Teething?
- Cut and wash a 2-3 inch piece of marshmallow root and allow to dry. Trim side shoots, peel away the bark and give to the infant to chew.
- Common Herbs and their Uses will show you the benefits and medicinal properties of this herb.
- Wet a CLEAN facecloth with water and put into the freezer for 30 minutes. It comes out all cold and crunchy and babies just love it. Remember to wash after each use.
- Chunks of raw apple or a peeled carrot also works wonders. But never give this to babies unattended in case they choke.
- Make your own popsicles, by freezing unsweetened baby food fruits. Wrap them securely in a clean cloth and supervise carefully while the infant sucks on one of these very soothing natural remedies for teething.
Home Remedies for Teething using lotsa love and attention.
- Never ever ignore Granny.
- Her home remedies
for teething have been passed down through the years and worked long
before sophisticated teething rings etc. were available. When Granny says give the child a hard biscuit, then you give the child a hard biscuit.
- The urge to bite or chew is natural and it helps relieve the
pressure, but be careful though, to avoid sweetened biscuits and
those containing nuts.
- Always ensure that the chunk is big enough so
it cannot be swallowed and won't break into pieces.
this time, it is important not to give your child habit-forming sugary
drinks, the best drink to quench a child's thirst is water -
preferably boiled, babies drink it quite happily.
Important Tip - Choking First Aid
This advice could save your baby's life.
Babies (under 2 years)
Place the child's tummy over your forearm with their head hanging down.
Hit five times between the shoulder with two fingers.
If this doesn't work or the baby is unconscious...
Put the baby on it's back.
two fingers in the center of the chest just below the nipple
line and press five times so the ribcage is depressed by 1 to 1,5cm.
Repeat until the object is ejected.
PRINT OUT AND PUT ON YOUR FRIDGE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED IT.
Print button at the bottom of this Page
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.