Home Remedies for Teething
Home Remedies for Teething is the first chapter in a lifelong relationship that we will all encounter with our teeth.
This is the chapter to help prevent you from saying "I don't want this child, take him back to where he came from".
The beginning is when these little white monsters start trying to push through the gums.
Keep in mind that they have actually been developing for months before birth.
And by the time the baby is born the primary teeth are already there lurking in the gums and just waiting to cause havoc in you and your baby's life.
I just made you smile, didn't I?
These teeth start coming through at about 6 months, and can be an
extremely uncomfortable experience for both the parents and the infant.
Symptoms of Teething.
- Drooling always seems to be an
indication of teething about to start, but experts say this is merely
a production of more saliva by the child who has not yet mastered
the art of swallowing it, rather than it being a sign of the
- chronic crying
- loose bowel movements
- irregular sleep patterns
- Folk lore stories say that a classic symptom of teething is a red mark on one cheek.
Home Remedy for a Teething Ointment
- Fill a small jar with chamomile flowers and top up with a herbal syrup. (You can very easily even grow your very own chamomile).
- Not sure how to do this? Then follow this link for preparing herbs and discover how simple it is to make a herbal syrup.
- If making a syrup for babies under one year DO NOT USE HONEY. Honey contains c.botulinum spores and the immune system in babies under 1 year of age is not yet developed enough to fend off this strain.
- ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS TO WHEN IT WOULD BE OK TO GIVE YOUR CHILD HONEY!!
the tooth starts coming through, strain the mixture and rub the syrup
very sparingly on the gum. Do this gently but firmly.
- Chamomile is a well known remedy for calming children.
- Mom and Dad should probably have a cup of chamomile tea at the same time as chamomile helps to relax the nervous system.
What Home Remedy is good for Baby Teething?
- Cut and wash a 2-3 inch piece of marshmellow
root and allow to dry. Trim side shoots, peel away the bark and
give to the infant to chew.
- Common Herbs and their Uses will show you the benefits and medicinal properties of this herb.
a CLEAN facecloth with water and put into the freezer for 30 minutes. It
comes out all cold and crunchy and babies just love it. Remember to wash after each use.
- Chunks of raw apple or a peeled carrot also works wonders. But never give this to babies unattended in case they choke.
- See very important tip on choking and what to do for small babies at the bottom of this page.
your own popsicles, by freezing unsweetened baby food fruits. Wrap
them securely in a clean cloth and supervise carefully while the
infant sucks on one of these very soothing natural remedies for
Important Tip - Choking First Aid
This advice could save your baby's life.
Babies (under 2 years)
Place the child's tummy over your forearm with their head hanging down.
Hit five times between the shoulder with the base of your hand or with two fingers.
If this doesn't work or the baby is unconscious...
Put the baby on it's back.
two fingers in the center of the chest just below the nipple
line and press five times so the ribcage is depressed by 1 to 1,5cm.
Repeat until the object is ejected.
PRINT OUT AND PUT ON YOUR FRIDGE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED IT.
Print button at the bottom of this Page
Home Remedies for Teething using lotsa love and attention.
- Never ever ignore Granny.
- Her home remedies
for teething have been passed down through the years and worked long
before sophisticated teething rings etc. were available. When Granny says give the child a hard biscuit, then you give the child a hard biscuit.
- The urge to bite or chew is natural and it helps relieve the
pressure, but be careful though, to avoid sweetened biscuits and
those containing nuts.
- Always ensure that the chunk is big enough so
it cannot be swallowed and won't break into pieces.
- South Africans have a biscuit called a rusk, which is another wonderful one of our home remedies for teething tool for babies.
- You will find some excellent recipes for rusks on the internet.
this time, it is important not to give your child habit-forming sugary
drinks, the best drink to quench a child's thirst is water -
preferably boiled, babies drink it quite happily.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.