Home Remedies Haven is a go-to resource for common ailments.
Causes, symptoms and solutions, are set out simply and clearly, so that anyone can access them at the click of a mouse.
These inexpensive home remedies offer a first port of call and can enhance your Doctor's prescription, should you need one.
This is not a medical site and does not offer a diagnosis.
This aromatic annual native to Asia and the Mediterranean, packs a punch, and is valued in Ayurvedic medicine as a digestive and for cooling heat in the body.
It is also know by many names i.e. coriander, Cilantro, Dhania and Chinese parsley.
Coriander has become very valuable as a "health food". Its tender young and succulent leaves as well as its exquisite flowers and seeds find an ever widening circle of benefits in so many dishes.
It is also rich in calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, and together with its vitamin A & C content, it is a valuable addition to the diet.
Medicinal Properties of Coriander
Can you eat Coriander?
With the lifestyles we lead today, we really play havoc with our digestive system and below is a list of what coriander benefits for digestion are:
- Useful in Anorexia nervosa.
- Coriander is loaded with indigestion-fighting elements, its oil is carminative and also a muscle relaxant, no wonder it helps soothe indigestion.
- Added to beans it can help relieve the gas that beans often produce.
- Relieves bloating and nausea, gastritis, heartburn, indigestion and nervous dyspepsia.
- It helps with bad breath because it not only has two anti-halitosis compounds, cineole and thymol, but also dozens of antibacterial and antiseptic compounds.
- It is also known to help enhance the appetite.
- Useful for improving digestion.
- If you have stomach spasms, griping and wind ... ugh.... coriander is known to relieve these unpleasant and sometimes embarrassing conditions.
Coriander Seeds and Oil
Coriander and Mental Issues
- Coriander helps to clear the mind and improves the memory.
- It reduces anxiety and tension and promotes sleep
- Amongst many other advantages, another one of coriander's benefits are is that it helps to relieve headaches and migraines.
Coriander and the Respiratory system
- Make yourself a nice cup of hot tea using the seeds of the Coriander which helps for colds, flu, coughs and fever.
- It can also be used as a decongestant for colds, asthma and bronchial congestion.
Keep a jar of coriander seeds mixed with dried coriander leaves at the stove for adding to soups, stews and stir-fries.
Quickly crushed it enhances every dish.
Coriander and the Urinary System
- Coriander is a natural diuretic, as well as all its other medicinal properties, so it is good for the hot and burning symptoms of cystitis and urethritis.
- And it also helps for fluid retention.
Coriander and the Reproductive system
- Coriander is an antispasmodic which makes it very useful for period pains as well as for uterine contractions during childbirth.
- And it can also be used for an aphrodisiac and for energizing low libido.
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved