Benefits of Tomatoes
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Before we start on the Benefits of Tomatoes it must be noted that tomatoes are actually a fruit rather than a vegetable.
It is also interesting to know that they were known in their early beginnings as the 'apple of Peru' and later as they arrived in Europ, they became known in Italy as the 'love apple"...
Welcome to our website page dedicated to exploring the remarkable health benefits of tomatoes, nature's vibrant and versatile fruit.
Tomatoes, with their juicy flesh and tangy flavour, offer a multitide of nutrients that can support our overall well-being.
In this article we will delve into the potassium-rich nature of tomatoes, their valuable contribution of vitamins C and E, and the abundance of lycopene - the powerful anti-oxidant that gives tomatoes their vibrant color.
Additionally, we will uncover the presence of essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, as well as the inclusion of folic acid in this remarkable fruit.
Join us as we unveil the incredible benefits of tomatoes and discover why they deserve a prominent place in our daily diet.
So....let's slice into the world of tomatoes and unlock the secrets to their extraordinary health benefits together.
What Makes Tomatoes so Good for Us?
- They are low in purines which is the culprit for causing uric acid problems.
- They are a good source of Potassium.
- They contain very few kilojoules.
- A useful source of Vitamins C and E.
- They are rich in lycopene, a powerful and protective antioxidant.
- They are also rich in calcium, magnesium phosphorus and Folic Acid.
List of Ailments Tomatoes can help Soothe or even Prevent.
- Tomatoes can help prevent and lower the risk of Cancer's of the breast, lungs, skin, colon and prostate gland.
- Helps lower the risk of heart disease, eye cataracts and macular degeneration of the eyes.
- It is also believed to help cleanse the liver.
Benefits of Tomatoes for Treating High Blood Pressure
- Tomatoes contain a compound called gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA), which can help lower blood pressure and strengthen the heart muscle, a good reason to carry on reaching for the tomatoes.
Tomatoes and Liver cleansing
- Through the centuries tomatoes were used to help cleanse the liver and funnily enough, to clear acidity.
- Todays' research states that it is an excellent food, eaten raw and fresh to help clear the liver of toxins.
Tomatoes and Cancer
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful and protective antioxidant.
- The lycopene found in tomatoes is a red carotene, which has been shown to prevent and lower the risk of cancers of the breast, lungs, skin, colon and prostate gland.
Tomatoes and Eye Disease
- And this lycopene can also help lower the risk of eye cataracts and macular degeneration of the eyes by neutralizing the free radicals before they damage cells.
People ask, "Is it bad to eat a lot of Tomatoes"?
- Not sure what a lot of tomatoes are, but perhaps too much of anything is not good for us.
- But tomatoes are so laden with the good stuff, that as long as you don't guts yourself with tomatoes the benefits will be plentiful.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.