Those of us who are not sure about using natural anti-inflammatories
might first like to know what an anti-inflammatory is, how it works, and
when we should, or should not be taking it.
Anti-inflammatories ae sometimes called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's)
Natural Anti-inflammatories are used to minimize inflammation.
When minimizing inflammation, a natural anti-inflammatory will also help ease the
pain and stiffness associated with inflammation.
Anti-inflammatories are used as painkillers for many painful conditions such as:
How do they work (NSAIDS) ?
- They block the effect of an enzyme called cyclooxygenase.
- This enzyme is critical in your body's production of prostaglandins.
- Prostaglandins is the cause of pain and swelling in orthopedic conditions
such as arthritis or bursitis.
- So, by interfering with cycloxygenase, you decrease the production of
prostaglandins and decrease pain and swelling associated with these
NSAIDs should NOT be used if:
- You are pregnant or suspect you might be pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding.
- You have a history of stomach ulcers.
- You are taking blood thinning medication.
NSAIDs should be used only under CLOSE medical supervision if:
- You suffer from asthma.
- You suffer from liver problems.
- You have heart problems.
- You have kidney problems.
And Here is the List of Helpful Herbs that are Natural Anti-inflammatories.
So, having checked out why we need anti-inflammatories, but at the
same time seen the many reasons why we should not be taking them, why
not take a look at the list of natural "stuff" provided by
nature, along with a note of some of the other ailments they can be used
Give these natural herbs a chance to see what they can do as natural anti-inflammatories supplied directly from heaven to earth!!
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.