Onion Home Remedies.
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Onion Home Remedies!! Who would have thought that this smelly bulb, that make your eyes water and your hands pong, could contain substances which can be used for a horde of homemade remedies?
Welcome to our website page dedicated to exploring the incredible health benefits of onions.
Onions are not just a flavorful addition to our meal but also a versatile natural remedy for various ailments.
From soothing bee stings, to treating athlete's, boils and even colds, onions have been used for centuries for their therapeutic properties.
Additionally, we will delve into the lesser-known benefits of red onions, such as their role in providing calcium and selenium, as well as their protentional as a blood thinner.
Join us as we uncover the remarkable powers of onions and discover how incorporating them into your routine can promote overall well-being and enhance your health.
Table of Contents
- Medicinal Benefits of Onions.
- Removing a foreign object from the eye.
- Onions and athlete's foot.
- Onions and bee stings.
- Onions and infected sores and boils.
- Onions a natural antibiotic for colds.
- Onions and mosquito bites.
- Benefits of Red Onions.
Medicinal Benefits of Onions
- Quercetin is a flavonoid contained in onions, which is a powerful natural antioxidant, a natural antihistamine as well as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Onions also contain sulfur (hence the pong) which is excellent for the skin and is used as really worthwhile acne home remedies as well as for home remedies for removing warts..
- The flavonoid contained in onions is also beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels and blood pressure and is
said to help clean the blood and protect us against toxic build up.
- Onions are rich in vitamins C, B1, B6 and K, folic acid, organic Sulphur, phosphorus and calcium.
- They also have a high pectin content and contain flavonoids and volatile oils.
Removing a Foreign Object from the Eye
Chop a raw onion quickly. Don't turn your face away from the onion, then let your naturally produced tears do the rest
- A traditional home remedy passed on by word of mouth, and it really works!
Onion Home Remedy for Relief of Athlete's Foot Symptoms.
Grate a raw onion, strain the juice and then rub this juice
into the affected area to reduce itching. This should be done
morning, noon and at night.
- Quercetin found in onions
is a natural anti-inflammatory and gives relief to the itching.
Quercetin can destroy and inhibit various bacteria and fungi because
of its anti-bacterial action.
Simple tips for using Onions
Nobody wants to suffer from Dandruff, do they?
So, what you do is grate a big onion and spread it around, making pathways.
Leave for awhile and then please wash your hair afterwards, otherwise you gonna be smelling like an onion.
You will see the difference,
Soothing of Bee Stings
Remove the bee sting by scraping it off the puncture site, never
pull it out as you will merely be squeezing the venom into the
Crush a raw white onion and apply to the stung place. The infected area should not even swell.
found in onions is a natural anti-histamine and will relieve the
allergic side effects of a bee sting. It is also an anti-inflammatory
and will give relief to any discomfort in the area around the sting.
- White onions contain small quantities of quercetin, so rather stick to red and yellow onions if its the quercetin you are after.
TIP NO. 1
Do you Cry when you cut onions?
Solve that problem easily, and simply by keeping a piece of gum handy and then start chewing , it will stop your tears.
Traditional Onion Home Remedies for infected sores as well as for Boils.
Heat up some milk and pour onto a thick slice of bread, grate an onion
and mix with the milk and bread, mix into a paste and place on the
infected sore or boil. This poultice will draw the pus from the sore,
and the boil will pop!
- The onion has very good
absorption qualities, which will help draw the bad stuff from the
sore or boil, and the anti-inflammatory properties will help with any
inflammation of the infected area.
Do Onions help Colds?
Onions and garlic are a rich source of the antibiotic, antifungal and antitumor compound known as allicin.
- And then when we cut or crush the onions, the acid pours onto the fiber and allicin is the result of that chemical reaction.
- So the answer to do Onions help Colds is Yes they do!!
Homemade Onion Remedy for Mosquito Bites
Grate a raw onion and rub onto the bite area.
- The anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine properties contained in onions will help localized reaction of the tissue surrounding the bite and relieve any allergic reaction.
Dont' forget the Red Onion!!
- You will probably be pleasantly surprised to hear what a large dose of goodness is available in these red onions:
- They are best used raw, so load your salads with this amazing veggie.
- Ladies first, these onions contain calcium which will help you by easing postmenopausal symptoms.
- And for men, this will help liven up your sex life if you suffer from erectile dysfunction, and as a bonus it is believed to increase Testostorone levels.
- The red onion contains selenium which will help in the production of Vitamin E which is good for eye health and the selenium is also good for Thyroid problems.
- The red onion is rich in flavenoids which helps to reduce bad cholesterol, and the sulfinates work as a natural blood thinner.
- Do you suffer from allergies?
- Then get stuck into these red onions because it is an anti-allergen and can sort out the allergies that cause our respiratory problems.
Some Healthy Recipes for you to try!!
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.