Home Remedies for Warts
Introduction to Home Remedies for Warts
Before we take a look at these home remedies for warts it must be noted that warts and moles can look very similar, but that they are two completely unrelated skin conditions and before embarking on any self-treatment, it is vital to ensure that it is in fact a wart.
What are Warts?
- Warts are small growths caused by human papillomaviruses (HPV's).
- Warts can come in different sizes, from really very very tiny to the size of a small bean.
- Warts can be dry or moist.
- Warts can be be flat or raised.
- Warts have a pitted surface.
- Warts are not painful or itchy.
- Warts may appear singly or in clusters.
- Warts are contagious.
There are different types of warts, with the three main different types been;
Can you Simply Cut off a Wart
- Do not attempt cutting or burning a wart off yourself.
- These are procedures that must be done under medical supervision.
In the olden days, it was a well known fact that warts were caused by frogs....Ha Ha!
But What Really Causes Warts?
Warts are caused by a virus, even by one which you came into contact with perhaps, months ago.
In simple terms we get this virus from other people with warts
So we went on a mission to find out what normal run-of-the mill folks have
been using for years as home remedies for warts, and have focused this
page specifically on remedies passed down in different families through the years.
then tried to find out why on earth these specific remedies would work
for removing warts. Some of these remedies we could not explain, but we have thrown them in just for the fun of it.
Home Remedies for Warts - Using onions
- First step is to cover the wart with a plaster and leave it on overnight to soften it up.
- Cut a raw peeled onion in half and dip into salt.
- Rub this into the wart three times a day.
- Onions are natural anti-inflammatories and antihistamines.
- Onions have good absorption qualities as well as a sulfur content which is excellent for the skin and very good for the prevention and treatment of warts.
- Onion Home Remedies have been around for centuries and this one for removing warts will probably do the job, as it has been doing for all the years.
Granny's advise for Warts........
- Granny used to say that you should pick tomato leaves, bruise them
while holding over the warts, so that the sap drips onto the target
- Leave to dry.
- Repeat at least 3 times a day and the warts will go away.
- She also said that you should try.....
- Rubbing the wart, or warts with cod liver oil three times per day and they will soon disappear.
Why Cod Liver Oil
There is no real evidence that we were able to find that Cod Liver Oil could do the job here, but our Grannies used to prescribe Cod Liver Oil for so many ailments, perhaps it will work for warts and all:) But as always, consult with your Health Professional at all times when using natural home remedies.
What the Local Pub advises...
- It is amazing how many remedies you can get from your local pub.
There is a font of information from young and old.
- Barman have
incredible information on all sorts of ailments from depression to
- We were very strongly assured that this remedy works!!
- Take some clear nail varnish and paint the wart, repaint when necessary until the wart falls off.
Why Nail Varnish?
- The Folklore explanation is that the wart needs to breath to survive and the nail varnish prevents it getting any air, so it dies..... simple Simon!!
Can Apple Cider Vinegar get rid of Warts?
- Dissolve some salt in some of the apple cider vinegar.
- Rub onto the wart several times per day.
- Folklore says that the warts will simply fall off.
Why Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vinegar is an acid (acetic acid), so it can kill some types of bacteria and viruses on contact.
- The vinegar burns and slowly destroys the infected skin, causing the wart to fall off.
- The irritation from the acids stimulates your immune system’s ability to fight the wart.
- Apple cider vinegar is known for its antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties, which could be why it works so effectively on warts.
Home Remedies for Warts - Using Garlic
- This smelly member of the onion family is capable of dealing with all sorts of ailments, and amongst them is the removal of warts.
- Crush a clove of garlic and apply directly onto the wart.
- Bandage and leave for 24 hours.
- Blisters will form and the wart will eventually fall off.
- Garlic is an ancient home remedy that's been used for treating many minor ailments.
- And then science eventually stepped in and discovered that it has strong antimicrobial abilities due to the chemical allicin.
- It is this chemical (allicin) which can kill a variety of microorganisms, including viruses such as HPV.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
Let's hear YOUR healthy opinionLeave us a comment in the box below.