Home Remedies for Warts
Looking for natural ways to banish warts? Look no further Home Remedies Haven for Warts, where we have gathered a treasure trove of effective remedies using common household ingredients.
From the pungent power of onions and garlic to the soothing properties of apple cider vinegar and aloe vera, we've got you covered.
Dive into the world of natural healing with remedies using comfrey, echinacea, and more.
Say goodbye to warts the natural way with our tried and tested remedies that are as gentle as they are powerful.
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some unique way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Introduction to Home Remedies for Common Warts
Before we take a look at these home remedies for warts it must be noted that warts and moles can look very similar, but that they are two completely unrelated skin conditions and before embarking on any self-treatment, it is vital to ensure that it is in fact a wart.
- Warts are small growths caused by human papillomaviruses (HPV's).
- Warts can come in different sizes, from really very very tiny to the size of a small bean.
- Warts can be dry or moist.
- Warts can be flat or raised.
- Warts have a pitted surface.
- Warts are not painful or itchy.
What are Warts?
There are different types of warts, with the three main different types being;
Can you Simply Cut off a Wart?
- Do not ever attempt cutting or burning a wart off yourself.
- These are procedures that must be done under medical supervision.
And What Really Causes Warts?
- In the olden days, it was a well known fact that warts were caused by frogs....Ha Ha!
- Warts are caused by a virus, even by one which you came into contact with perhaps, months ago.
- In simple terms we get this virus from other people with warts.
So we went on a mission to find out what normal run-of-the mill folks have
been using for years as home remedies for warts and have focused this
page specifically on remedies passed down in different families through the years.
then tried to find out why on earth these specific remedies would work
for removing warts.
Some of these remedies we could not explain, but we have thrown them in just for the fun of it.
Home Remedies for Warts - Using onions
- Onion Home Remedies have been around for centuries and this one for removing warts will probably do the job, as it has been doing for all the years.
- First step is to cover the wart with a plaster and leave it on overnight to soften it up.
- Cut a raw peeled onion in half and dip into salt.
- Rub this into the wart three times a day.
- Onions are natural anti-inflammatories and antihistamines.
- Onions have good absorption qualities as well as a sulfur content which is excellent for the skin and very good for the prevention and treatment of warts.
Granny's advise for Warts........
- Granny used to say that you should pick tomato leaves, bruise them
while holding over the warts, so that the sap drips onto the target
- Leave to dry.
- Repeat at least 3 times a day and the warts will go away.
- She also said that you should try.....
rubbing the wart, or warts with cod liver oil three times per day and they will soon disappear.
- There is no real evidence that we were able to find that Cod Liver Oil could do the job here, but our Grannies used to prescribe Cod Liver Oil for so many ailments, perhaps it will work for warts and all:)
- But as always, consult with your Health Professional at all times when using natural home remedies.
What the Local Pub advises...
- It is amazing how many remedies you can get from your local pub. There is a font of information from young and old.
- Barman have incredible information on all sorts of ailments from depression to warts.
- We were very strongly assured that this remedy works!!
- Take some clear nail varnish and paint the wart, repaint, when necessary, until the wart falls off.
- The Folklore explanation is that the wart needs to breath to survive, and the nail varnish prevents it getting any air, so it dies..... simple Simon!!
Clear Nail Varnish
Can Apple Cider Vinegar get rid of Warts?
- Dissolve some salt in some of the apple cider vinegar.
- Rub onto the wart several times per day.
- Folklore says that the warts will simply fall off.
- Vinegar is an acid (acetic acid), so it can kill some types of bacteria and viruses on contact.
- The vinegar burns and slowly destroys the infected skin, causing the wart to fall off.
- The irritation from the acids stimulates your immune system’s ability to fight the wart.
- Apple cider vinegar is known for its antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties, which could be why it works so effectively on warts.
Home Remedies for Warts - Using Garlic
- This smelly member of the onion family is capable of dealing with all sorts of ailments, and amongst them is the removal of warts.
- Crush a clove of garlic and apply directly onto the wart.
- Bandage and leave for 24 hours.
- Blisters will form and the wart will eventually fall off.
- Garlic is an ancient home remedy that's been used for treating many minor ailments.
- And then science eventually stepped in and discovered that it has strong antimicrobial abilities due to the chemical allicin.
- It is this chemical (allicin) which can kill a variety of micro organisms, including viruses such as HPV.
Home Remedies for Plantar Warts
Plantar wart remedies are for the man in the street to help remove the small growths that are caused by the human papillomaviruses (HPV's).
Plantar warts as opposed to the common wart is found on the underside of the toes and on the sole of the feet, whereas the common wart can appear anywhere on the body, but most commonly on the hands, fingers, elbows , face and the skin around the nails.
- The very best way to prevent picking up a plantar wart infection is to never ever walk barefoot, especially around a communal pool, or even the shower in the gym.
- This virus is contagious and is picked up via direct contact through cuts or wounds in the skin.
There are some differences between common warts and plantar's warts in that;
- Plantar warts can be painful, because they develop on areas that carry your weight.
- They are bumpy hard growths that can resemble calluses.
- They have a hard core.
- Plantar warts tend not to spread to other parts of the body.
There are also other baddies that can effect your feet like:
- athlete's foot
- cutaneous mycosis (of the nail)
- sand fleas
Most medical procedures for removal of plantar warts is to burn the skin with chemicals or a laser beam.
NO THANKS! I would rather try these natural and simple plantar wart remedies first.
What is the Best Product for Wart Removal?
- I suppose one could call this a product!!
- These remedies have been passed down through the years, and the "products" used originate from our own bodies.
- Ok, this is a family thing, my partner in life is adamant that if you take your very first pee of the morning and soak your feet in the liquid for 5 minutes daily the warts will disappear naturally, this worked for him.
- And the second natural remedy is to take some early morning saliva (before your breakfast and any liquids, and then by rubbing this saliva onto the wart every morning, they will soon disappear.
What is the Fastest Way to get Rid of Plantar Warts?
- I am not sure that this is the fastest way, but I do know that this works!
- My Mother used to be plagued with Plantar Warts and she grew Aloe Vera in our garden specifically for getting rid of her warts.
- She used to use the gel directly from the plant and then bandage her foot up. This was repeated daily until the warts disappeared.
- In uses for herbs it can be seen that this plant has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties and is also a natural anti-inflammatory.
How do you get Rid of Warts at Home?
- All you need to do in this remedy is to peel a banana (eat the banana) and then strap the peel to the wart with the inside of the peel against the wart.
- Why this works, no one knows, but there are many adamant people out there who say that it does.
- As matter of interest, it is also said that a defiency in potassium can cause warts?? This is not true as warts are caused by a virus.
Comfrey for Plantar Warts
- Comfrey is a herb which has been used for centuries for many different things and amongst them is, that when applied topically, it can remove plantar warts.
- Check out preparing herbs and how you can make a comfrey cream to rub on your warts.
- Comfrey contains allantoin, which helps in healing, and it also helps in softening the skin.
- You can also try tree tea oil topically it has powerful antiviral properties. Apply undiluted tee tree oil with a cotton swab directly to the wart several times a day.
Boost the Immune Function with Echinacea
- Opportunistic organisms such as warts are a sign that your immune is not working up to scratch.
- Take a course of Echinacea to stimulate your immune system to overcome the virus.
- Take half a teaspoon of echinacea extract twice a day for 10 days, after a break of 3 days, repeat the dosage for 10 days
Potatoes used as a Home Remedy for Removing Warts
- Potatoes are used as a home remedy for getting rid of warts due to their mild acidic properties and the presence of certain enzymes that can help breakdown the excess skin cells that make up the wart.
- When applied topically to the affected area the juice from a raw potato can help soften the wart and gradually reduce its size.
And for the Last Word!
- Try taking some Vitamin E supplements which helps improve circulation and promotes tissue repair.
- Vitamin A can also help in that it plays a number of important roles in the body, one of them been that it is required for normal cell division and growth.
- Ensure that you are not suffering from a zinc deficiency which is believed to be one of the things causing acne, but at the same time, it also helps increase immunity against viruses.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.