Benefits of Coconut
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
On researching the Benefits of Coconut, we first wanted to establish the origins of the coconut, and it appears to have been around since before the 1st Century. Wow!
So welcome to our website page dedicated to exploring extraordinary bebefits of coconuts, nature's tropical treasure.
Coconuts have long been cherished for there versatility,exotic flavor, and remarkable heealth benefits.
From their nutrient-flesh and refreshing water to the nourishing oil extracted from their kernels, coconuts offer an array of advantages that can enhance our overall well-being.
On this page we will delve ibnto the world of coconut's benefits, uncovering its potential to support digestion, boost immunity, promote healthy skin and hair, and even aid in weight management.
Join us as we embark on a journey to unlock the secrets and harness the incredible power of coconuts.
So... lets dive into this tropical oasis of health and discover the myriad benefits that coconuts have to offer.
The coconut consists of various parts that all have different benefits, so we decided to handle each part separately, which makes for very interesting reading for this portable source of water and nutrition.
Benefits of Coconut Water
- Because of its electrolyte composition, coconut water is used to rehydrate the body in case of dehydration and fluid loss due to diarrhea, vomiting or excessive sweating.
- It is also believed to be very good for stomach problems such as acid reflux and indigestion and will also help settle an acidic stomach.
- Studies have also found that it is good for high blood pressure and drinking a cup of fresh (not bottled) coconut water twice a day will help.
- Coconut water is Cholesterol and fat-free and works as a heart tonic because it helps lower LDL (or the bad cholesterol) and increases HDL (or the good cholesterol).
- Because most headaches are triggered by dehydration, coconut water will supply electrolytes to the body and boost hydration.
- Coconut water contains cytokinins that have anti-aging effects on cells and tissues.
- Coconut water may not be suitable for those with nut allergies.
- Do not drink coconut water for at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery as it may interfere with blood pressue control during and after surgery.
- People with kidney dysfunction Should consult their doctor before including coconut water in their health regimen.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
A rich, clear, pleasant-tasting coconut oil is extracted from the endosperm consisting of saturated fatty acids which are medium-chain triglycerides, meaning that there are no health risks in adding coconut oil to the diet.
- Coconut oil is excellent for frying, baking and grilling and only a little is needed.
Benefits of Coconut Roots
The roots are made into a tea to treat:
Benefits of Coconut Bark from the Palm Stem
The softened and finely scraped bark from the palm stem is made into a poultice, warmed in hot water and used for:
Benefits of Ash from the Burnt bark of the Palm Stem
The ash from burned bark is used to:
- clean the teeth
- wash out the mouth
- as an antiseptic
- treat skin diseases
Benefits from the Flowers of the Coconut Palm
The flowers are made into a delicious tea to treat:
Benefits from the Stringy Fibers Inside The Bark.
The stringy fibers inside the bark made into a tea are taken for:
- a sore throat
- inflamed tonsils
- bring down a fever
- expel tapeworm
add coconut water to this tea anad use it as:
- a diuretic
- treat tapeworm
- soothe a sore throat
The fleshy endosperm, rich in oils, contains calcium, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, iron and copper and the oil contains immune-boosting medium-chain fatty acids.
(click on the words highlighted above to see the issues surrounding a shortage of these important minerals).
Coconut oil and coconut water should not be confused.
Coconut water is the liquid that builds inside the shell of the young coconut.
As the fruit ages, the water solidifies into the white meat of the coconut and this is then pressed for the coconut oil.
- Isn't it amazing what can be done with a simple palm tree, so when next you are stranded on an island make sure to choose one that has palm trees, you will be supplied with water and nutritional food as well as something to clean your teeth with and by using your brain you could build a lovely shelter as well.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.