Health Benefits of Beetroot
"Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a person's diet, acts upon the body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes the whole life depends, whether in health, in sickness or convalescent."
Hippocrates 2 000 years ago.
Welcome to Health Benefits of Beetroot a vibrant and nutritious vegetable that offers an array of health advantages. From its beautiful deep red color to its impressive nutritional profile, beetroot is a true powerhouse when it comes to enhancing overall well-being.
One of the standout benefits of beetroot is its potential to support heart health and mange high blood pressure. Beets are rich in nitrates, which are converted into nitiric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide helps relax and dilate blood vessels, resulting in improved flow and lowered blood pressure. Regular consumption of beetroot has been associated with reduced hypertension and a decreased risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Beetroot also shows promise in the fight against cancer. It contains potent anti-oxidants, such as betalains and betacyanins, which have been linked to anti-cancer properties. These compounds help protect cells from damage, reduce inflammation, and may inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
For those looking to boost their stamina and exercise performance, beetroot can be a valuable addition to their diet.
Join us on a journey as we delve deeper into the remarkable benefits of beetroot.
Beetroot for High Blood Pressure
- Beetroot contains nitrate which it absorbs from the soil it was cultivated in. Nitrate is known to help widen blood vessels, thereby helping with a blood pressure which is higher than it should be.
- People suffering from Angina use a nitrate drug to help their symptoms.
Beetroot and Cancer
- The deep ruby red color of Beetroot is important because it contains Betacyanin which is a powerful anti-oxidant that has shown to possess anti-cancer properties.
- Beetroot is also high in fiber (which helps regulate bowel movements) and combined with Betacyanin is beneficial for treating the colon and can help to stave off colon and stomach cancer.
Beetroot for Stamina
- Beetroot is high in nitrate, a compound that the body metabolizes into nitrite when mixed with bacteria in the mouth.
- Nitric oxide is known to help regulate muscle contraction, blood flow and the balance of blood sugar and calcium, all of which are important when exercising.
- Nitric oxide widens the blood vessels thereby allowing oxygen easier access to the cells, which any athlete will consider a big advantage.
Beetroot for Kidney Stones
- Beetroot is a very good detoxifier.
- It will help to detox the liver; the gall bladder and the kidneys and folklore says it can even help with preventing kidney stones.
Beetroot for a Healthy Liver
Beetroot contains a bio-active agent called betaine which is helpful for liver complaints especially in the accumulation of fat deposits caused by alcohol abuse.
Health Benefits of Beetroot for Alzheimer's
Because beetroot helps to widen the blood vessel, this means it will also help the blood to get through to the brain quicker and maybe slow down the development of Alzheimer's and the dementia that goes along with it.
Beetroot for Heart Health
- Beetroot has higher levels of most minerals, including potassium.
- This potassium regulates the heartbeat, and maintains normal blood pressure.
Beetroot for Anamia
Apart from the various anti-carcinogens that beetroot (raw or cooked) is thought to contain, it is also a good source of folate - an essential vitamin for healthy cells (deficiency of which is associated with Anamia).
More Health Benefits of Beetroot
- Because beetroot is a good detoxifier of the the liver, it is also believed to help people who have psoriasis because this ailment is often coupled with congestion in the bowel and liver.
- And then lastly it is believed to help with the passing of gallstones. The betaine contained in beetroot causes the muscles around the gallbladder and bile ducts to contract, which helps to move the stones on their way.
Minerals and Vitamins found in Beetroot
How do Beets help your Body?
Grate raw beetroot with apple and this is what it will do for you:
- It is an excellent Internal Cleanser.
- Eliminates Kidney Stones.
- Treats Jaundice.
- Treats Diverticulitis.
- Prevents and treats colon and stomach cancer.
- Clears blood of toxins.
Can you Drink Beetroot Juice Every Day?
You can, but you need to watch out for one thing. If you consume regular quantities of Beetroot, you might get the fright of your life when you go to the loo for a poo, cause of the reddish tinge you will see in your stool.
Don't worry, it is the beetroot!!
Beetroot Juice - Good for Weight Loss
3 Scrubbed and quartered Beetroots, stems, leaves and all
2 sticks celery
2 peeled apples
3 springs fresh parsley
1 cup watercress
Push through a juice extractor and drink the juice for a good old-fashioned boost of Beetroot.
Famous Beetroot Salad
Grate, cube or slice 3 beetroots together with a grated onion, and mix together with a tablespoon of vinegar.
All these ingredients are beneficial to your health in many ways.
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.