Natural Calcium Supplements from our Planet Earth
Natural calcium supplements are actually quite easy to find in many different foods and herbal sources.
Calcium is vital to all of us, young and old, for the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth.
A calcium deficiency can lead to so many unpleasant problems such as aching joints, heart palpitations, tooth decay, muscle cramps and many many more.
Natural Calcium Food Supplements
- Salmon (with bones)
- Sardines (with bones)
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Brewer's Yeast
Natural Calcium Herbal Supplements
The content of calcium in the herbs listed below is very small, and should not officially be considered as a supplement.
It is therefore quite important to note the other medicinal qualities of the herb, so that you will be getting small doses of calcium, but will be reaping other benefits simultaneously.
- Dandelion is a natural diuretic as well as being a source of calcium and potassium.
- Alfalfa is also a natural antibiotic and a natural blood thinner.
- Burdock can be added to the list of natural calcium supplements as well as been a natural diuretics and a blood purifier.
- Cayenne, is an excellent digestive aid, it helps improve the circulation at the same time that it is giving you some natural calcium supplements.
- Chamomile is so well known as a nervous aid, and together with it been an outstanding digestive aid, it's calcium content is often forgotten. It also aids in relieving constipation.
- Chickweed can also be used to help with your calcium intake and it has anti-rheumatoid properties.
- Eyebright not only contains small doses of calcium, but can "up" your zinc and selenium intake as well.
- Fennel Seed is another herb useful for its calcium content, and can also be used as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Hops first rate for nervous tension and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Parsley - good old faithful parsley, not only decorates food very nicely, but is also a very competent digestive aid, helps remove the smell of garlic on your breath and is a superfine laxative.
- Peppermint is very good for heartburn and also as a home remedy for constipation.
- Red Clover has expectorant qualities which means it helps to loosen phlegm and is really good for when you have bronchitis.
- Yarrow, along with its natural sources of calcium, it is also useful for colds and flu and people suffering from tuberculosis.
- Yellow Dock is a purgative, a laxative and also contains iron for those suffering from anemia.
And lastly... some really interesting facts about our Bones.
- There are 106 bones in our hands and feet, which is more than half the total number of bones in the body.
- There are 206 bones in an adult skeleton.
- The skull is made up of 22 bones. The only skull bone that can move freely is the lower jawbone.
- The stapes is the smallest bone and is found inside the ear.
- The femur or thighbone is the longest, biggest and strongest bone in our body - and it is hollow.
- Bones are made up of two main ingredients - calcium (which makes bones hard and durable) and collagen (which makes them strong but also little flexible).
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.