A Magnesium Deficiency can cause depression, dizziness, muscle weakness, twitching, and premenstrual syndrome.
- It is a vital component of a healthy human diet.
- Its main role is as a constituent of bone.
- It also assists in the transmission of nerve impulses and is important for muscle contraction.
- A lack of this mineral is also believed to be the cause of heart palpitations.
What are Symptoms of a Magnesium Deficiency?
- Heart Palpitations
- Restless Legs
- Night Cramps
- PMS in women
Magnesium Deficiency in Sport.
- As far as athletes are concerned, no single food can enhance performances.
- Athletes should follow a balanced diet which is calibrated to meet energy requirements.
magnesium levels have often been found in those engaged in endurance
sports like marathons and cycle tours.
- This can interfere with the
release of energy, causing fatigue and possible muscle cramps.
Have your bran in the morning, and your green leafy veggies in
the evening, but if you are still not getting enough magnesium in your
natural diet, you might need a supplement especially in the weeks
leading up to an endurance event.
Restless Legs and a Magnesium Deficiency
- It has been suggested that a deficiency in magnesium could be one of the causes for restless legs.
- And Potassium is also been labeled as a culprit
A reasonably balanced diet should provide all the body's
requirements, and try snacking on some sesame and pumpkin seeds
before going to bed.
You can also get magnesium into your body by using supplements.
Shortage of Magnesium and Premenstrual Stress
- In previous years, and probably still today, this syndrome is a
source of great amusement and an excuse for the rest of the family to
laugh away Mom's irrational behavior.
- Women who suffer from PMS
will testify that these mental and physical changes in the premenstrual
week are very real and extremely hard to control.
- Studies have indicated that women with PMS show low blood levels of magnesium.
You might like these
Natural Calcium Supplements from the planet earth and not from a bottle.
You may not have heard of some of these essential nutrients, but they are still vital to our good health
So, Mom... when you have PMS and have the undivided attention of the whole family, make sure that all of
you eat your spinach and brocolli.
The center of the chlorophyll
molecule (which gives green veggies their color) contains
Fry some halibut to enjoy with these green veggies and the combination will give you a good dose of magnesium.
Magnesium and Heart Palpitations
- Ensure that your health professional has ruled out any underlying
conditions which could be causing your upsetting heart palpitations.
- It is possible that these palpitations which occur repeatedly and without warning are due to feelings of anxiety.
- The nervous system can be calmed by doses of magnesium, which is also very good for a healthy cardiac system.
Should you be inclined take magnesium as a "top up" in the form of a
supplement, always consult with your Doctor as to what your dosage
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
Let's hear YOUR healthy opinionLeave us a comment in the box below.