Home Remedies for Varicose Veins
Introduction to Home Remedies for Varicose Veins
Home Remedies for varicose veins are for those veins that tend to bulge and are commonly found on the back of the calf, the inside of the leg and the ankles.
This ailment is more common amongst women, but men can also suffer from varicose veins.
It is not an uncommon ailment, and is estimated that 50 to 55% of American Woman suffer along with you.
What are Varicose Veins
- Varicose veins are caused by a malfunctioning of the valves inside the veins.
- This causes the blood to flow back into the veins stretching them until they lose their elasticity and causing the blood to pool, which is what causes the bulging, almost purple like veins.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
- Dull Pain
- Leg cramps
- Leg sores
- Feeling of heaviness in the legs
What causes or contributes to the formation of Varicose Veins
- Hereditary (You can blame Mom for this!)
- Excess weight
- Heavy lifting
- Liver disease
- Poor Circulation
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Birth control pills
Possible Complications of Varicose Veins
- Bleeding under the skin
- Ulcers near the ankle
- Inflammation of a vein
- Deep vein blood clots
And now we are going to introduce you to some really simple, but what we have been told, genuine home remedies for varicose veins.
If you are one of those people that leaves the parsley used as garnish on your plate behind, and you suffer from varicose veins - stop immediately!
Eat the stuff.
- Parsley contains rutin which, by taking 20 to 100mg per day, will significantly strengthen the capillaries.
- A single ounce of parsley can contain 180mg of rutin.
- Buckwheat, if you like it, also contains the capillary strengthening compound Rutin
Blueberries, Billberries and Grapes
Another one of our simple and tasty home remedies for varicose veins - eat blueberries, bilberries and grapes.
Why Blueberries, Bilberries and Grapes?
- They all contain antioxidant phytonutrients called anthocyanidins which helps to strengthen the capillaries.
- As a bonus they are also high in fiber which will help prevent constipation, which is often a trigger for hemorroids (varicose veins).
Can Apple Cider Vinegar Reduce Varicose Veins?
People continuously ask this question "Can Apple Cider Vinegar reduce Varicose Veins, and the answer is we do not believe that their is any scientific reasons why it can do this, but we do know that it is believed to help with the symptoms i.e.
3 crushed bay leaves
4 teaspoons of olive oil
Warm over a low heat.
Allow to cool, strain and apply to your varicose veins.
Why Bay Leaves
- Bay leaves are jam packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- They also contain Rutin which helps to strengthen capillary walls, as does the parsley above
- Olive oil is an excellent moisturizer and lubricant when used as a topical vehicle for the extract of bay leaves.
Plain Dark Chocolate
Can you believe this??
At long last something that chocolates are good for apart from putting on weight.
But all is not good news, because this only refers to plain dark chocolate not the other fancy ones with marshmallow, nuts and so on and so on.
Why Dark Chocolate
- Chocolates are high in flavonoids and one of the benefits of foods high in flavonoids is protection against varicose veins by reducing the permeability of the capillaries.
The Do's and Dont's for Varicose Vein Sufferers
Do not smoke.
Do not sit with your legs crossed.
Do not stand for long periods of time.
Do not have excessively hot baths.
Do not wear tight clothing.
Do not wear high heeled shoes.
Do watch your weight.
Do prop your legs up, and sleep with them elevated at night.
Do keep your legs moving i.e. walking, cycling and swimming.
Do wear "sensible" shoes.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.