Home Remedies for Ulcers
When looking for Home Remedies for Ulcers it is quite important to know that for many many years it was believed that ulcers were caused by stress and spicy foods.
But scientific tests have shown that the actual instigator is a bacterium that settles in the mucous layer that protects the stomach and intestines called H. pylori.
Symptoms of an Ulcer
Remember that symptoms will vary from person to person and you might only experience some of the symptoms set out below.
- Gnawing abdominal pain just below the ribs.
- This pain is worse when the stomach is empty and improves after eating.
- Weight loss.
- Black Stools.
- Gas and burping.
- Feeling of hunger shortly after eating.
Who is most likely to get an Ulcer?
- Those of us who are hosting the H.pylori bacteria.
- Those who take NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
- Those who consume alcohol regularly
- Those older than50.
What aggravates an Ulcer?
- Spicy Foods.
- Milk (will provide short term relief, but will stimulate more stomach gases) it is therefore recommended that you rather stay away from milk.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Fried Foods.
- Salt and Sugar have also been known to increase stomach acid production.
People ask "what is the fastest way to heal a Stomach Ulcer?"
The remedy set out below will not heal the ulcer, but is probably the fastest way to get rid of the discomfort caused by an ulcer.
- Drink a large glass of water, this will help quite rapidly to dilute the acids busy playing havoc in your stomach and flush them out of harm's way.
Home Remedies for Ulcers - Bananas
- Bananas are definitely anti-ulcerogenic (ulcerogenic meaning "leading to the production of ulcers") and have long been used as a remedy for treating ulcers.
- Bananas stimulate growth of cells and mucus that help forms a strong barrier between the stomach and the gastric acids.
Home Remedies for Ulcers - using Barley water
- Gently simmer 1 cup of barley with 2 liters of water for about an hour or until the barley is tender.
- Keep topping up the water.
- When tender, strain and allow to cool.
- Drink a glass or two daily with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- The blandness of the barley water helps soothe and heal stomach ulcers.
What can I take to Relieve Ulcer Pain?
- Dissolve 1 tsp dry anchor yeast in half a cup of luke warm water.
- This drink is alkaline and works as a buffer against acids in the stomach.
Can Ulcers be Cured Naturally?
- Long before the discovery of H.pylori, our ancestors were drinking cabbage juice to heal gnawing stomach aches, not knowing at the time that they were in fact using one of nature's natural antibiotics to help destroy this bacteria which weakens the lining of the stomach.
- So if Doctors are now using antibiotics to heal ulcers, why not go for it and use garlic as well, one of the most well known of nature's antibiotics.
Licorice for Ulcers
- Licorice also goes back for years and years as a traditional folk remedy for ulcers.
- It contains glycyrrhizic acid, a compound that is believed to help strengthen the intestinal lining.
WARNING: Think twice about self-medicating if you have any problems with high blood pressure.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.