Home Remedies for Ear Infections
Home Remedies for Ear Infections is all about natural earache
remedies that can be safely and simply used at home, but NOT, if you
have severe earache, develop a fever, or have a discharge from your ear.
- During the day, we hold our heads up, and our eustachian tubes drain naturally into the back of the throat.
- But at night, when we are asleep the tubes cannot drain as easily and we are not swallowing as often.
- The air already in the middle ear is absorbed, and a vacuum occurs, sucking the eardrum inward.
hours after we have fallen asleep, our eustachian tubes may clog,
especially if we have a cold, a sinus infection or an allergy, and
there you have it serious EARACHE!!
- Ear problems including tinnitus can be caused by infection in the inner or outer ear, or could be associated with a throat or sinus infection or a tooth problem.
- You may also get a mild earache because of a build-up of mucus in your ear after a cold,or during an attack of hay fever.
All of these earaches can be helped by using natural home remedies for
ear infections in conjunction with your medical advisors prescribed
Earache in infants
- Three guesses what the most common reason for office visits to
pediatricians is. And I am sure you will guess it first time... ear
- When a child is breast feeding the action of sucking on the breast
exercises a muscle that helps to open the eustachian tube, which
connects the middle ear to the back of the throat and drains away any
- In bottle feeding the teat does not reach as far into the
mouth, and the muscle is not exercised in the same way, hence the
tendency for ear infections been greater in formula fed babies, and the
need to examine natural home remedies for ear infections.
Home Remedies for Ear Infections and Earache in infants
- For infants take a geranium leaf, bruise it between the fingers, roll into a ball and put it into the ear like a small plug.
- Geranium has strong, anti-viral, natural anti-inflammatory and
- Geranium is also endowed with an anti-infective activity that is directed
against many respiratory microbes, such as streptococcus, pneumococcus and
haemophilus, known to cause ear infection.
- This combinations gives geranium its reputation as one of the best
natural earache and ear infection remedy.
Middle Ear Infections (otitis media)
- Pain in one or both ears and temporary hearing loss are often caused
by a middle-ear infection, in which case you may also have a fever and
feel generally unwell.
- The site of this infection is behind the eardrum, where the small bones of the ear are located.
pressure is regulated in this area by the eustachian or auditory tube,
which runs from the ear to the back of the nasal cavity.
bacteria or viruses' get into this nice little warm cosy space, the
area becomes inflamed and fluid starts to build up, causing the
sensation of pressure.
- A severe middle ear infection can cause perforation of the eardrum.
Outer Ear Infections (otitis external) or swimmer's ear.
- When you swim, shower or wash your hair, trapped moisture can carry germs into the ear canal and cause an infection.
Your ear will feel itchy and then painful, sometimes into the jaw, and
will be tender to the touch or when you pull your earlobe.
- In many cases this infected moisture must be removed by an ear specialist to bring relief.
What can I do for Ear Infections
If there is a tendency towards "swimmer's ear" remember the old saying "prevention is better than cure!"
- Wear ear plugs when you swim and do not swim in dirty, polluted or infected water.
- Wear Ear plugs when you bath or shower.
- Dry your ears carefully after bathing or showering.
- Turn your head to one side and pull gently on ear lobe to let water run out.
- If you have a discharge, place a piece of cotton wool over the outer part
of your ear to absorb it, and change the cotton wool regularly.
- Do not use cotton buds at any time, they can damage the ear.
- CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE PUTTING ANYTHING
INTO YOUR EARS.
Can Apple Cider Vinegar cure an Ear Infection?
Put three to four drops of room temperature apple cider vinegar (can also be mixed 50/50 with warm water) into the ear canal using a sterile eye dropper. Lie on your side for a few minutes so the vinegar soaks deep into the ear canal.
Plug with a cotton wool puff and repeat several times a day.
There are no published studies that prove that apple cider vinegar cures ear infections, but what it does contain is acetic acid which is anti-bacterial, which means it kills bacteria.
This home remedy should only be used for outer ear infections. Middle or inner ear infections should be treated by a Doctor.
Home Remedies for Ear Infections using Ginger.
Cut fresh ginger into slices and boil for about 10 minutes.
Soak this mixture into a warm wet towel, lie down and place the towel over the culprit ear, and leave on for about 20 minutes.
Genuine Home Remedies for Ear Infections with Olive Oil and Garlic.
Take 15ml of olive oil and 4 cloves of garlic.
Heat slowly till the cloves of garlic begin to brown.
Allow to cool.
When needed put 1 drop of the garlic oil in a wad of cottonwool and place this in the ear.
- Healing with garlic is making use of one of nature's most powerfull antibiotics.
- Garlic contains Vitamin A thought to help repair damaged cell tissue in the ear and to strengthen the auditory nerve.
- Olive Oil is the purest fat available and bacteria cannot live in it.
Ancient Home Remedies for Ear Infections using the Ordinary Onion.
One of our special onion home remedies is to take a medium to large onion and slice in half, roast the onion in the oven until it is soft.
Allow to cool so that it won't burn the skin and hold it over the affected ear with a towel.
- The heat appears to help draw out the infection and the onion contains anti-microbial properties.
- Onions are a very good natural antihistamine.
- And also a natural anti-inflammatory.
Cayenne and Earache
Take a teaspoon of cayenne and mix into a glass of juice or even into some rooibos tea.
- Cayenne Pepper has powerful pain relieving qualities.
- Cayenne Pepper can also be used externally for skin complaints and once again can also be used as one of our favorite home remedies for psoriasis.
- And is also said to help suppress the appetite.
Home remedy for Earwax buildup
Mix 1 part vinegar to 1 part warm water.
- Using an eyedropper, place a few drops in your ear.
- Allow them to settle for a minute, then drain.
- Repeat the process in the other ear.
- Do this two or three times a day.
- If the wax is hard and dry apply garlic oil for a day or two to soften it.
- Be patient, continue to irrigate the ear canal, and flush with warm water.
Now that you have had an earful of advise , let's just round off our home remedies for ear infections by suggesting that you try some alcohol free echinacea extract by mouth, which will generally end an ear infection if you catch it early.
And keep your zinc and magnesium levels up, zinc quickens immune response and aids in reducing infections and magnesium prevents damage to the hair cells in the inner ear.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.