Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure.
Before we start with Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure let's take a look at the main causes of high blood pressure.
What causes High Blood Pressure?
There is no sole provocation for high blood pressure, and as in
various other ailments the exact causes are not completely understood.
But listed below is what we do know.
- Top of the list is a diet containing too much salt or too little potassium.
- Hypertension can be caused by a lack of exercise.
- Carrying too much weight and the old favorite, TOO MUCH BOOZE, can also be contributing factors to this problem.
- Emotional problems, anxiety and stress also stand accused.
- If one or both parents suffered from hypertension, the chances are, so will you. It tends to run in the family.
- Last, but not least, there is the age thing!!. High blood pressure is part of the natural aging process and if combined with all of the above which contribute towards an unhealthy lifestyle, it will eventually catch up and result in high blood pressure.
Now onto the home remedies for high blood pressure.
- Remember that these remedies are based on folklore, legend, tradition and word of mouth, and most of them originated in Africa.
- Probably all the more reason to pay attention to them, is that it is a known fact that African Americans develop high blood pressure more than Caucasian's do and also at a younger age.
Home Remedy for High Blood Pressure by making your own Pepper Pellets.
Mix one tablespoon of cake flour with one tablespoon of cayenne
pepper. Add water to make a stiff dough. Roll into pellets and allow to
dry overnight, and then eat one pellet a day.
Why Cayenne Pepper?
- Cayenne Pepper is not only nutritional but is also a medicinal herb and
has been used as such for centuries.
- Cayenne Pepper contains a
very high derivation of Vitamin A and C. It is rich
in organic calcium as well as potassium which is known as an essential
nutrient for keeping blood pressure normal.
Garlic - One of the oldest Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure doing the rounds.
Mince a few garlic cloves and add a spoonful of olive oil. Mix in a bottle of hot water and allow to stand overnight.
Drink the liquid first thing in the morning, after shaking well.
- Garlic has legendary healing powers, herbalists and naturopaths regard it
as something of a miracle food and it is known, not only to
inhibit blood clotting but to also increase the rate at which blood clots
are broken down.
- Garlic is reputed to help lower blood pressure by relaxing the
smooth muscles of the blood vessels, allowing them to dilate.
- Studies have been performed that have shown that consuming olive
drive blood pressure down, even in those with normal blood pressure,
and should probably not be used in excessive quantities by those
experiencing low blood pressure.
What is the Best Drink for High Blood Pressure?
Grate a potato and add a cup of hot water. Drink the liquid when cool.
Why the Potato?
- Potassium helps the blood vessels relax and when arteries
relax, they dilate, and make room for blood to move smoothly on its path to
feeding the body and major organs.
- The potassium contained in potatoes also appears to make blood less
likely to clot.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.