Gout Home Remedies
Introduction to Gout Home Remedies
Take a look a these Gout Home Remedies and see which one can help you soothe the extremely painful symptoms of a bout of gout, which comes on suddenly and without any warning.
Gout, dubbed as the "rich man's illness", is a great source of amusement for others.
But you ask anyone who has suffered from this and they will tell you in detail that it is no laughing matter.
It is seriously painful!
What is Gout.
- Gout , a form of arthritis,
occurs when the levels of uric acid in the body become excessive
and the body is unable to metabolize this quickly enough to
eliminate as urine.
build up of uric acid results in the formation of crystal-like
deposits which will settle in a joint, the favored one is
seemingly the joint of the big toe.
- These urate crystals can collect in the urinary tract of a gout sufferer and can then lead to Kidney stones.
- It is thought to be hereditary when the body is unable to eliminate this uric acid quickly enough.
- Gout is also associated with obesity and is more prevalent in men.
What Triggers an Attack of Gout?
in foods rich in purines such as red meat and alcohol are
believed to trigger, but not be the cause, of the acute symptoms
of a gout attack.
How do I get rid of Gout Pain?
Now that we have checked out some of the facts about gout let's take a look at some traditional Gout Home Remedies and see how
these old folklore solutions can help in reducing the build up of uric
acid in the body, and perhaps help us stop worrying about what is causing our gout.
And at the same time give some relief in soothing the area afflicted by this incredibly painful ailment.
Try this Natural Gout Remedy using a mixture of Epsom Salts, Cream of Tartar and Flowers of Sulfur.
1 pkt Epsom Salts
1 pkt Cream of Tartar
1 pkt Flowers of Sulfur
Mix all the ingredients together and place in an airtight container.
Take a half teaspoon stirred into a glass of water first thing every morning.
Why These Three Ingredients?
- Epsom salts are made of the mineral magnesium sulfate which draws toxins from the body.
- Cream of tartar contains potassium which assists in lowering uric acid in the blood.
- Flowers of sulfur helps the body repair bone and connective tissue in the joints.
A Gout Home Remedy using the leaves of an Arum Lily, to help relieve itching and peeling.
Take a few leaves of the Arum Lily.
Do not crush or bruise the leaf and heat it up in water.
Apply this as a plaster to the gout infected area for relief of itching and peeling of the skin which is one the the unpleasant after effects of a gout attack.
Why The Arum Lily?
remedy is based on folklore and hearsay. But it is believed that the
leaves of an Arum Lily are rich in vitamin C and this Vitamin
helps reduce damage that toxins do to the cells.
A simple Gout Home Remedy using a poultice made from the Ordinary Onion.
One thick slice of bread
One large onion
Heat the milk, and pour onto the slice of bread.
Grate the onion and add to the milk and bread. Mix into a paste and place on the inflamed gout infected area. Keep in place with a retaining dressing.
- Quercetin is a flavonoid contained in onions which has natural
- It is a powerful anti-oxidant as well as a
natural anti-histamine, all very useful in helping soothe the
painful symptoms of gout.
What is the Best Cure for Gout?
A bowl of cherries a day will keep my gout at bay!
- Cherries are a good source of potassium.
- Potassium helps convert uric acid into a substance more readily disposable of by the kidneys through urination.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.