Dandruff Home Remedies
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US UNTIL THE WORK IS DONE
Here are some very basic and simple dandruff home remedies that can help you get rid of those embarrassing white scales landing on your shoulders,
Try these remedies, see which one works for you and then GET READY to wear your favorite black tops again!!
What causes Dandruff?
Dandruff is a very common scalp condition and to explain in simple terms... what is actually happening, is that the scalp begins shedding dead skin.
Sometimes however, this process speeds up, and the dead skin is more noticeable, and begins leaving that embarrassing dusting of white flakes on your shoulders, referred to as dandruff.
Dandruff is usually associated with a type of dermatitis called seborrhea which can be triggered by a few things, some of which are:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Improper carbohydrate consumption
- Consumption of sugar
- Deficiency in B-complex vitamins
- Deficiency in selenium
- Zinc Deficiency
An important thing to note is that head lice can also resemble dandruff, so be sure that it is dandruff that you are treating and not lice.
We know that there is no "cure" for dandruff, but what we have for you is a whole long list of dandruff home remedies and I bet you anything that you have at least one of these ingredients in your kitchen or pantry that you can use, so...... hair goes!
What is the best cure for Dandruff?
- Exercise is not only good for your overall health, it also helps stimulate circulation and maintain healthy hair.
- Wash your hair regularly, at least twice a week.
- Avoid colouring your hair, brush your hair regularly and eat a healthy diet.
Dandruff Home Remedies using Salt
This comes from the "Old Folks" , they say you should mix 1 cup of warm water with 3 tablespoons of salt (see uses for salt) and massage well into the scalp for at least five minutes, rinse thoroughly. Repeat daily until the dandruff disappears.
They (the old folks), also say that you can apply a thick coating of plain yoghurt to your scalp, cover with a warm towel, leave for 20 minutes and then rinse.
Bicarbonate of Soda as an anti-dandruff Shampoo.
- Mix two teaspoons of Bicarbonate of soda into one liter of warm water.
- Omit your normal shampoo and use the above mixture instead.
- Bicarb has anti-inflammatory properties and is known from way back when, to be especially good for skin conditions.
Honey for Scaling and Itching
- Dilute honey with some warm water and massage into the scalp for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wrap your head with some glad wrap and a warm towel and leave for as long as possible. If you have 3 hours to spare then do it.
- Rinse properly and repeat at least once a week.
- Honey is a natural humectant, which is a compound that attracts moisture and will help for the dry flaky scales caused by dandruff.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff
- Massage apple cider vinegar into the scalp, cover with glad wrap and then a small warm towel.
- Wrap the towel tightly around your head and leave on for at least an hour, and then rinse.
- If you don't have too much time on your hands then use the apple cider vinegar (see uses for vinegar) as a rinse after shampooing.
- Apple cider vinegar is natural and chemical free, it is high in acetic acid which is a potent antimicrobial compound that can kill certain types of bacteria.
- In a saucepan... add a few sprigs of fresh Rosemary and cover with water, allow to simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Then cool, strain, and add a few drops of olive oil.
- Shampoo your hair normally and then use the rosemary water as a rinse.
- Rinse again with warm water.
To the top of Dandruff Home Remedies
Back to our Home Page
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.