Natural Remedies for Eczema
Before we check out these Natural Remedies for Eczema let's quickly examine the different types of Eczema.
- Generally speaking this starts in childhood and is related to other diseases such as asthma.
- It mostly (but not always), improves as the child gets older.
- It can be treated with natural remedies for eczema, and especially the olive oil and calendula emollient.
- A Doctor's advice is paramount and more so in persistent cases.
- This form of Eczema tends to affect the hands.
- They become raw, red and cracked.
- This is influenced by soaps, detergents and solvents.
Allergic Contact Eczema
- If your rash is caused by an allergy and not an irritant then your immune system is involved, so it kicks in thinking it is under attack, tries to fight the invader and causes the itchy rash.
- Common culprits are nickel, chromium, lanolin resins, and certain plants (such as ragweed).
- The rash is restricted to the area in contact with the culprits e.g in a band around the finger wearing a ring containing nickel.
- This type of eczema is found in the areas of the skin rich in sebaceous glands (small oil producing glands in the skin of mammals) such as the face, scalp and joint creases.
Now that you have consulted with your Doctor and know which type of Eczema you have, you have hopefully discussed the use of simple and natural remedies and are now ready to scrutinize them.
Natural Remedies for Eczema using Aloe Vera
- Growing evidence shows that Aloe Vera in either form (namely the juice for drinking or a gel for topical use) is very beneficial for the control and soothing of eczema symptoms.
Apart from Olive Oil been well documented as an artery protector it is also one of the best medicines for dermatitis.
Olive oil has five anti-dermatitic compounds:
Add some calendula petals (also well known for the treatment of skin complaints) to your olive oil and apply topically to the affected areas.
Treat yourself at least twice a week to some fatty fish like Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel and Sardines to help maintain a healthy skin and especially if you suffer from eczema.
Some recent tests have shown that pregnant mother who have had this fatty fish twice a week decreased the risk of their newborn babes developing eczema.
You might like these
Check out these incredibly simple acne home remedies to see how you can help prevent and heal the scourge of pimples naturally and at the same time using remedies that are easy on the pocket.
Acne Homemade Remedies - Easy Herbal Face washes, excellent for fighting acne
Authentic home remedies for shingles, together with what causes shingles and the symptoms of shingles.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
Let's hear YOUR healthy opinionLeave us a comment in the box below.