Household Cleaning Tips
Household Cleaning Tips you are gonna love.
Let's begin with the bathroom.
Strangely enough this is the room we use to keep ourselves clean, but it so often lands up been the worse one for us to keep clean.
Household Cleaning Tips - Showerheads
Fill a plastic bag with distilled white vinegar and wrap it around your showerhead until it is completely immersed in the liquid.
Leave it soaking overnight.
Next morning tackle it with an old toothbrush and you will be amazed how it will clean your dodgy shower.
Bathrooms - Stains in your Tub
When our houses have relatively old tubs, it becomes quite a major job trying to get rid of rust stains...... so
- Make a paste of Cream of Tartar and white vinegar, or Cream of Tartar and Lemon Juice.
- Apply and leave for at least 10 Minutes.
- Wipe and rinse with soapy water.
- You can also try cutting a lemon in half and scrubbing the surface with the halves.
- Or soak a cloth in white vinegar and give the affected areas a good wipe.
Bathrooms - Stubborn Bathtub Rings.
- Don't you just hate this job??
- Sprinkle salt onto a grapefruit cut in half.
- And scrub the stubborn rings away.
Bathrooms - Mildew Stained Shower Curtains
Now this is always such an unsightly problem in showers, and you have no idea on how to clean it.
- Put it in the washing machine.
- Add ½ cup of washing powder and ½ cup of bicarbornate of soda.
- Add a cup of vinegar (which has so many uses) to the rinse cycle.
- What a difference!!
Toilets - Limescale Stains
Now this looks really awful and unclean, so all you have to do is:
Pour a cup or two of Coca-Cola into the bowl.
The carbonic, citric and phosphoric acids in the cola will break down stains.
Best, you try and leave this overnight, you will be amazed at the difference.
Fishmoths in the Bath
In older homes fish Moths seem to love hang around in the bathroom, so we have found and old remedy to help get rid of them:
- Take one cup of Borax. (Borax is antiseptic, antiviral and antifungal).
- Mix with one KG of soap powder.
- Mix and sprinkle where necessary.
- Borax is still available, look in health shops or pharmacies in your area, they will be sure to help you.
Now we will move through the rest of the house, room by room, to give you easy ways to clean those things that are not part of our daily routine cleaning chores.
How to Clean a scorched Iron
- Cover a paper towel with a few tablespoons of salt.
- Iron over the salt several times until the marks disappear.
- Turn off the iron and all to cool completely.
- Then wipe the metal plate with a damp cloth.
Household Cleaning tips for Dirty Stove Tops
- Stir one tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda into a table spoon of water to make a paste.
- Put the mixture on a cloth and get scrubbing.
Water Marks on Wooden Furniture
- Mix a small amount of olive oil and salt to form a thick paste.
- Rub this paste into the stains.
- Leave for about 30 minutes, then wipe the excess paste off the furniture.
- The salt draws out the moisture while the olive oil feeds the wood.
Household cleaning tips for a Soiled Mattress
- Take a box (about 500g) of bicarbonate and add 10 to 20 drops of essential oils to it. Lavender, chamomile or sandalwood are good options.
- Give the box a good shake so the oil and powder are mixed together.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the mattress and rub it in as if you are giving the bed a massage.
- Let the bicarb and oil works its magic for at least an hour then vacuum the mattress.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.