Natural Laxatives - Help to keep things moving.
You will need to investigate some natural laxatives when you start
displaying discomfort in the stomach region and are showing some of the
symptoms listed below.
Signs and symptoms of being Constipated.
These are some of the symptoms and signs of constipation and you have
to know that the longer digested food residue remains in the bowel, the
harder it gets to get rid of it...
- bad breath
- body odor
- coated tongue
Natural laxatives that can be used to treat constipation.
It must be noted that herbal laxatives, just as much as their chemical
counterparts, need to be carefully chosen and correctly dispensed
preferably under the supervision of a herbal practitioner.
- Aloe vera heals and cleanses the digestive tract which aids in forming soft stools.
- Ginger - stimulates the digestive system.
- Milk thistle - aids liver function and enhances the bile output to soften stools.
- Senna leaves have been used for centuries to help relieve and prevent constipation.
Paw or papaya seeds - paw paw is rich in enzymes called papain which
is similar to the protein digesting enzymes produced by the pancreas
which helps with digestion. Paw paw is also rich in fiber.
or catnip - use the leaves and flowers to make an infusion. Catnip
is believed to be beneficial in aiding digestion and thereby sorting
- Flax - is a bulk laxative, stretching and lubricating the gut wall.
- Yellow Dock - this herb encourages evacuation while at the same time improving digestion.
contains menthol which has antispasmodic properties especially
useful in the gastrointestinal tract for relieving constipation.
- Chamomile - relaxes the bowel.
For some extra information on natural solutions to having regular bowel movements take a look at home remedies for constipation,
where we clearly show the reasons why we get constipated and supply a
couple of genuine tried and tested old home remedies to help relieve and
Foods for getting that fiber required as natural laxatives
- Apples a bountiful source of fiber found mainly in the skin of the apple.
- Berries, a sweet solution to getting the insoluble fiber required for warding off constipation.
one of the most effective foodstuffs for preventing constipation.
Prunes are high in fiber and contains a compound which stimulates
the intestinal contractions required for regular bowel movements.
like our friends above, are also high in fiber, and they in turn
have their own compound called tartaric acid, which acts as a natural
- Rye Bread, another source of the fiber required to keep things moving.
- Squash, not only helps with lowering high blood pressure but is also a very good source of fiber.
- Whole Grains will prevent constipation by bulking up and softening stools.
And finally remember that when using foods as a natural remedy,
avoid those that have little or no fiber, such as cheese, ice cream,
meat and processed foods.
Eat the foods rich in fiber, get on the bran wagon and know that an apple a day keeps constipation at bay.
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved
Top of Natural Laxatives
Back to our Home Page