Natural Remedies for ADD/ADHD
Need some Natural Remedies for ADD? Then you are obviously frantic knowing that your child's behavior patterns are been caused either by ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADHD Attention Deficit Disorder with
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF ADD - Attention Deficit Disorder?
- Your child gets distracted pretty quickly.
- Staying with a single activity for a period of time is an impossibility.
- He or she makes stupid careless mistakes.
- Seem to ignore you when you speak to him or her.
- Has to be consistently reminded of important daily commitments.
- He or she never seems to complete anything they start.
- And always seems to be losing things.
Primarily thought to be a childhood disorder, it is estimated that about
4% of adults between the age of 18 and 40 may also be affected
SIGNS OF CHILDREN WITH ADHD - Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity
- They cannot wait their turn!!
- They have a continual tendency to disturb other children.
- They talk incessantly.
- Quiet and gentle activities are not within their range of capabilities.
- Most irritating of all, they are twitchy and jumpy and always squirming in their seats.
- And you might notice that they run about madly, excessively.
- They leave their seat when they have been explicitly told to remain seated, eg. assembly or even
- Disruptive in the school and classroom.
- Trouble making friends.
What should your child NOT be Eating!!
Remember, this is a
physiological disability beyond the control of your child, but you can help by
helping them to avoid the following foods without been unnecessarily
restrictive and try and understand that you are not looking at this from his stomach point of view, but rather as food for his brain, as another one of your natural remedies for ADD.
- All junk food.
- All forms of refined sugar.
- All carbonated Beverages.
- All foods that contain artificial colors, flavors and monosodium glutumate
- All foods that contain preservatives and yeast.
- All processed foods.
- And foods that contain salicylates.
And what they should be eating?
They can eat foods low in salicylates such as
- Banana's, pears, and paw paws.
- Cabbage, celery, lentils, lettuce, peas, potatoes, bean sprouts, brusell
sprouts, cauliflower, chives, green beans and onions.
- Cashew nuts, hazelnuts, pecan nuts and sunflower seeds.
- Carob, cocoa, golden syrup.
- Butter, cream, cheese, milk, natural yoghurt, ice cream.
- Canola oil, margarine and butter.
- Oats, rice, rice cereals plain, rye and wheat. Avoid all breakfast
cereals that are flavoured and include fruit, nuts, honey or coconut.
- Beef, chicken, eggs, fish, lamb, organ meat, tripe, veal, liver, prawns,
- Buy toothpaste from the Health Shop
- Limit exposure to TV and loud music.
Minerals which are believed to help.
Calcium is important for the smooth functioning of nerves and muscles.
Magnesium (known as the anti-stress mineral) also assists in the transmission of
nerve impulses, these two combined work as a marvelous natural tranquilizer.
Tests have also shown that many ADHD children have a Zinc deficiency
which is important for the metabolism of relevant neurotransmitters, fatty acids
and melatonin (some evidence suggests that melatonin promotes sleep in children
with ADHD). So link to zinc and see what your kid should be
eating to keep up his zinc levels.
Famous people who it is believed, suffered from ADD
Leonardo da Vinci
And last, but definitely not least, we look at some Herbs as Natural Remedies for ADD.
Ginko Biloba is very good for concentration, it is known as the brain herb and
seems to boost symptoms of attention and working memory.
Has had dramatic results for calming hyperactivity and anxiety.
This Herb is a natural sedative and helps calm discontent, fits of temper and
relaxes and tones the nervous system.
Oats is one of the best remedies for "feeding" the nervous
system. It is a relaxant and strengthens the whole nervous system.
St John's Wort
Has been known through the ages as a folk remedy for emotional disorders.
Some other "little people's" issue for you to take a look through.....
To the top of Natural Remedies for ADD
Back to our Home Page
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved