Home Remedies for Warts
Before we take a look at these home remedies for warts it must be noted that warts and moles can look very similar.
And that they are two completely unrelated skin conditions, and before embarking on any self-treatment it is vital to ensure that it is in fact a wart, and not something else that you are trying to treat as a wart.
The "wart" must be checked out by your doctor.
Do not attempt cutting or burning a wart off yourself, these are procedures that must be done under medical supervision.
OK so, what are warts?
- Warts are small growths caused by human papillomaviruses (HPV's).
- Warts can come in different sizes, from really very very tiny to the size of a small bean.
- Warts can be dry or moist.
- Warts can be be flat or raised.
- Warts have a pitted surface.
- Warts are not painful or itchy.
- Warts may appear singly or in clusters.
- Warts are contagious.
There are different types of warts, with the three main different types been;
- Common Warts
- Plantar Warts (Verrucas)
- Genital Warts
In the olden days, it was a well known fact that warts were caused by frogs....
So we went on a mission to find out what normal run-of-the mill folks have
been using for years as home remedies for warts, and have focused this
page specifically on remedies passed down in different families through the years.
then tried to find out why on earth these specific remedies would work
for removing warts. Some of these remedies we could not explain, but we have thrown them in just for the fun of it.
Home Remedies for Warts - Using onions
- First step is to cover the wart with a plaster and leave it on overnight to soften it up.
- Cut a raw peeled onion in half and dip into salt.
- Rub this into the wart three times a day.
- Onions are natural anti-inflammatories and antihistamines.
- They also have very good absorption qualities as well as a sulfur content which is excellent for the skin and very good for the prevention and treatment of warts.
- Onion home remedies have been around for centuries and this one for removing warts will probably do the job , as it has been doing for years.
What Granny advises for Warts........
- Granny used to say that you should pick tomato leaves, bruise them
while holding over the warts, so that the sap drips onto the target
- Leave to dry.
- Repeat at least 3 times a day and the warts will go away.
- She also said that you should try.....
- Rubbing the wart, or warts with cod liver oil three times per day and they will soon disappear.
What the Local Pub advises...
- It is amazing how many remedies you can get from your local pub.
There is a font of information from young and old.
- Barman have
incredible information on all sorts of ailments from depression to
- We were very strongly assured that this remedy works!!
- Take some clear nail varnish and paint the wart, repaint when necessary until the wart falls off.
The explanation was that the wart needs to breath to survive and the
nail varnish prevents it getting any air, so it dies, simple simon!
Home Remedies for Warts - using Vinegar
- Dissolve some salt in vinegar.
- Rub onto the wart several times per day.
- Folklore says that the warts will simply fall off.
Home Remedies for Warts - Using Garlic
- This smelly member of the onion family is capable of dealing with all sorts of ailments, and amongst them is the removal of warts.
- Crush a clove of garlic and apply directly onto the wart.
- Bandage and leave for 24 hours.
- Blisters will form and the wart will eventually fall off.
And lastly try getting rid of these warts by using Epsom Salts.
- Soften the wart or warts overnight with a plaster and then soak them for 30 minutes in Epsom salts and water.
- Sit back and wait for them to fall off.
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved
Go to the top of Home Remedies for Warts
Back to Home Page