Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids (or fondly known as piles)
Can natural home remedies for hemorrhoids help for the swollen varicose veins that occur around the "bottom" and in the rectum i.e. the lowest
part of the colon?
Yes! These remedies can, so read on and find out how.
These bulging veins can cause a lot of pain and makes one
wonder about the origin of the saying "pain in the backside..?
This is another one of those ailments that causes much laughter and merriment for all and sundry, excepting the person who is suffering from it'
It must be kept in mind that if these "piles" are not dealt with sooner rather than later they will enlarge and become a problem.
So before we go to our home remedies for hemorrhoids lets start as always by first checking out .......
What are the symptoms of Hemorrhoids?
What causes Hemorrhoids
- Sitting or standing for prolonged periods.
- Extended bouts of constipation resulting in straining when it becomes hard to "go".
- Lifting heavy objects.
- Lack of exercise.
- Liver damage.
- Food allergies.
- Insufficient dietary fiber.
Different types of Hemorrhoids
- These bulging veins develop under the skin right at the outside of the anal cavity.
- They can swell, turn purple and be extremely painful.
- These "piles" occur inside the bottom in the area known as the rectum, the very end bit of the colon.
- They are usually painless, but do tend to bleed and when they bleed, the blood is a very bright red color.
- When one of the above falls out of the rectum, it will be accompanied by a mucous discharge and heavy bleeding.
- These hemorrhoids can become thrombosed (form clots within) and when this happens they are very very very painful.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids Number 1.
- 1 large bottle white Vaseline
- 1 cake of camphor
- 4 teaspoons white surgical spirits.
- Grate the camphor finely into a saucepan.
- Add Vaseline and mix with the grated camphor.
- Melt over heat till the camphor has liquified.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Spoon mixture into a glass jar and add the 4 teaspoons of spirts.
- Keep stirring until properly mixed.
This is a very old home remedy and probably the reason for it is that camphor combats inflammation as well as it been an antiseptic and an analgesic.
Apply to the hemorrhoids once a day. It will burn but the relief afterwards is heavenly. Do not use continuously for more than 3 days.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids Number 2.
Now this is an interesting one, based on folklore and word of mouth.
- Place your bare "bottom" in a container of cold water, and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- This is believed to shrink the piles.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids Number 3.
- Add a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper to a glass of fruit juice and drink this concoction once a day.
- It will burn a "little" when going to the toilet, which you will get used to,
- and it apparently works like a bomb for painful hemorrhoids.
- Cayenne is good for many things, and one of them is that it is a completely natural pain reliever, and also detoxifies the colon making bowel movements easier.
And the last of our Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids.
- See if you can get a bottle of Timjan. It is a unique herbal tonic, which is manufactured in South Africa.
- It consists of Aloe Juice and is reputed to be rich in vitamins, minerals and also amino acids, various carbohydrates and anti-inflammatory agents.
- It, reputedly, has no negative side effects on the body.
- And we have been told that it is excellent for hemorrhoids.
- So give it a bash, if it doesn't help the "piles" it will give you lotsa of other healthy goodies for your body.
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved
To the top of Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids
Back to Home Page