Home Remedies for Skin tags.
Home Remedies for Skin Tags takes a look at the issues surrounding these little flaps of skin that appear on certain parts of the body, like under the arms, under the breasts, in the groin and in areas where the skin rubs together.
Skin Tags under the arms
But before we go into any detail of the why's and wherefore's, please note that we strongly recommend, in fact we insist, that you consult your medical practitioner and confirm that these are in fact harmless skin tags, and that he or she would be happy for you to use the natural remedies that we are listing below.
What are Skin Tags.
- Skin Tags are benign and look like small pieces of hanging skin.
- They can range from 2mm even up to 5 cm.
- They seldom require treatment although they can burst under pressure.
- They are painless, but can cause some discomfort.
- And some people can find them aesthetically displeasing.
Causes of Skin Tags
You will have an increased chance of developing Skin Tags:
- If Mom or Dad had them, this is one of the things that you can blame your parents for.
- If you are a diabetic.
- If you are overweight, because there are more folds and creases of skin to rub against each other.
- If you are pregnant - the hormonal changes in your body could cause these skin tags to develop.
Home Remedies for Skin Tags using Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil for removal of Skin Tags
- Soak a piece of cotton wool in some Tea Tree Oil which has been diluted with equal amounts of water or vegetable.
- Tea tree oil can cause an allergic reaction in some people, discontinue immediately if this should happen.
- Apply directly onto the skin tag, after ensuring that the skin is clean and dry.
- If time allows, then leave the piece of cotton wool on for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat at least twice a day.
- Tea Tree Oil has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, but the reason why it actually works for removing skin tags is not clearly understood and there are no studies to either approve or disapprove this method of skin tag removal.
- The key however, is patience, it will not happen overnight and should be applied for at least a month.
Always avoid the area around the eyes when applying any of these natural home remedies for skin tags
Home Remedies for Skin Tags using Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar for removal of Skin tags
- Wash the around the skin tag and dry off properly.
- Apply Apple Cider Vinegar to the skin tag by wetting some cotton wool with the vinegar, apply the cotton wool to the flap of skin and then cover the skin tag with plaster.
- Remove plaster before showering and reapply after drying the spot properly.
- It is believed that the acidity of the Apple cider vinegar is what will make this tag fall off after 5 days..
- Once again, patience will be a virtue here, as this will not happen overnight.
- The skin tag will eventually turn black and will fall off without you even feeling it.
Get back to the top of Home Remedies for Skin Tags
Go to our Home Page
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved