A Magnesium Deficiency can cause depression, dizziness, muscle weakness and twitching, and premenstrual syndrome.
- It is a vital component of a healthy human diet.
- Its main role is as a constituent of bone.
- It also assists in the transmission of nerve impulses and is important for muscle contraction.
- A lack of this mineral is also believed to be the cause of heart palpitations.
Magnesium Deficiency in Sport
- As far as athletes are concerned, no single food can enhance performances.
- Athletes should follow a balanced diet which is calibrated to meet energy requirements.
magnesium levels have often been found in those engaged in endurance
sports like marathons and cycle tours.
- This can interfere with the
release of energy, causing fatigue and possible muscle cramps.
Have your bran in the morning ,and your green leafy veggies in
the evening, but if you are still not getting enough magnesium in your
natural diet, you might need a supplement especially in the weeks
leading up to an endurance event.
Restless Legs and a Magnesium Deficiency
- It has been suggested that a deficiency in magnesium could be one of the causes for restless legs.
- Take a look through home remedies for restless legs and see some interesting natural solutions for this ailment.
A reasonably balanced diet should provide all the body's
requirements, but try snacking on some sesame and pumpkin seeds
before going to bed.
Shortage of Magnesium and Premenstrual Stress
- In previous years, and probably still today, this syndrome is a
source of great amusement and an excuse for the rest of the family to
laugh away Mom's irrational behavior.
- Women who suffer from PMS
will testify that these mental and physical changes in the premenstrual
week are very real and extremely hard to control.
- Studies have indicated that women with PMS show low blood levels of magnesium.
So, Mom... when you have PMS and have the undivided attention of the whole family, make sure that all of
you eat your spinach and brocolli.
The center of the chlorophyll
molecule (which gives green veggies their color) contains
Fry some halibut to enjoy with these green veggies and the combination will give you a good dose of magnesium.
Magnesium and Heart Palpitations
- Ensure that your health professional has ruled out any underlying
conditions which could be causing your upsetting heart palpitations.
- It is possible that these palpitations which occur repeatedly and without warning are due to feelings of anxiety.
- The nervous system can be calmed by doses of magnesium, which is also very good for a healthy cardiac system.
Should you be inclined take magnesium as a "top up" in the form of a
supplement, always consult with your Doctor as to what your dosage
Quick Links to Related Content
Go to the top of Magnesium Deficiency
Back to our Home Page
Copyright 2010 Home Remedies Haven.com. All Rights Reserved.