Three guesses what can strike huge terror in any male"s mind?......................... Prostate Problems!
When all of a sudden the Dude starts having a problem trying to pee, the first thing that springs to his mind is prostate cancer.
And then all the other thoughts start invading.... I will never have sex again, I will have to wear nappies and so on and so forth..........
So..... what are we going to do here?
- Firstly, here is what we are not going to do, and that is to diagnose what your problem could be.
- But we are going to set out the different types of health issues that can arise around this tiny walnut sized gland and the symptoms you could be experiencing.
- Then secondly we will point you in the direction of what this earth of ours can offer to help prevent or soothe the symptoms of prostate problems.
Three types of Prostate Problems
Inflammation of the prostate gland.
Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH)
An enlarged non-cancerous prostate gland.
The big C of the prostate gland.
- Ok, first things first, if you have the slightest suspicion you have a problem with this very important "little" gland, you have to take yourself off to the Doctor and face up to the dreaded rectal examination.
- Testing for prostate problems usually involves a digital rectal exam as well as a blood test that screens for levels of prostate-specific antigen (PSA), which is a protein secreted by the prostate.
What are the warning signs of Prostate Cancer?
- Burning or pain during urination.
- Difficulty urinating, or trouble starting and stopping while having a wee.
- More frequent urges to urinate at night.
- Loss of bladder control.
- Decreased flow of urine stream.
- Blood in urine (hematuria).
What is the Prostate Gland?
- As you can see in the image above, this is a walnut sized gland that encircles the urethra (the tube through which urine flows).
- The gland is involved in seminal fluid production which nourishes and transports sperm for ejaculation.
- Sperm is made and stored in the testicles.
What causes Problems with this Gland?
- Another find is that a shortage in zinc, can also cause prostate problems.
- Normally these are aging problems.
- "A link has been found between a high fat diet that is low in fruit and vegetables."
- "Heavy fat consumption raises testosterone levels which could stimulate growth of the prostate including any cancer cells it may be harboring."
- An enlargement of this gland is often caused by a build-up of dihydrotestosterone (a big word) but in simple terms is a product of the male hormone testosterone.
Prostate Health and Cycling.
- Been an avid cyclist myself, it is widely circulated in the cycling field that men should rather change to a saddle with a gap down the middle, it takes the pressure off the prostate and moves it to the hips.
- This is specially for those guys that are doing long distances, training or just keeping a level of fitness for the next fun ride.
Regular Sex and Prostate Health
- There are no conclusive findings that regular sex is good for prostate health, some experts say that ejaculating regularly cleans up "the house" so to speak, and removes any harmful agents which could be lurking around.
- But others say that a higher sex drive means a higher amount of the male hormone testosterone which will improve the chances of prostate cancer,
- This is a completely separate issue and will not be discussed on this page but can be checked out at The Prevent Cancer Foundation.
You might like these
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer and time to see your Doctor
Easy and simple home remedies for enlarged prostate
Pressing the panic button because of frequent urination - stop, and read up our home remedies for prostatitis first.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
Let's hear YOUR healthy opinionLeave us a comment in the box below.