PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US UNTIL THE WORK IS DONE
Introduction to Natural Remedies for Varicose Veins
Are you wondering why you are reading this page on natural remedies for varicose veins because you know that this ailment always belonged to your Mother and your Grandmother, but never to you??
But all of a sudden time has passed too quickly and you started noticing the blue lumpy veins developing on your once smooth legs and panic starts setting in.
Don't panic, help is at hand.
But first, we want to give you, what we believe is a truly simple and easy to understand explanation of why these varicose veins have formed in the first place.
What Causes Varicose Veins?
This is what happens.
- The arteries carry oxygen enriched blood from your heart on a long
journey through your body.
- It carries this blood to all the parts of the body that
needs it, amongst others your legs.
But, by the time it gets to your legs, it no longer has the help of a pump (your heart) to pump the blood to these far away extremities.
- This is where the veins have to step in to help.
- The veins have one-way valves to prevent the
blood from flowing back to the heart to get more oxygen.
- But if these valves are not doing what they were designed for, then the blood does'nt flow properly and the veins become congested with blood.
- They soon become enlarged and voila, you have developed varicose veins, all nicely blue, lumpy, swollen, kinked and twisted and you have also inherited all the problems associated with them.
In our home remedies for varicose veins we have discussed the causes of varicose veins as well as the do's and do nots.
We have also supplied some really cool home remedies to help soothe the symptoms, but right here on natural remedies for varicose veins we are going to list the herbs you can use and we are going to tell you exactly why they are helpful.
Aloe Vera Gel
- One of the medicinal properties of Aloe is that it is known as a circulatory stimulant, which will help to keep the blood flowing smoothly throughout the body.
- It is also an anti-inflammatory which will help with any swelling related to varicose veins.
Billberries as Natural Remedies for Varicose Veins
- This herb (vaccinium myrtillus) keeps blood vessels flexible, allowing increased blood flow which will help for varicose veins.
- As a bonus it also has anti-aging and anti-carcinogenic effects.
- But be cautious if you are a diabetic.
- Cayenne helps to expand the blood vessels, reducing stress on the capillaries.
- There are creams available which contain cayenne and can be rubbed gently onto the protruding veins, for help with soothing the symptoms.
Try this one of our natural remedies for varicose veins
1/2 teaspoon Horse Chestnut Powder
2 cups of water
Mix the ingredients together,and then use a moist sterile gauze to apply the mixture gently to the affected inflamed veins.
Why Horse Chestnut?
- Horse chestnut has a long history as a traditional herbal medicine for varicose veins as well as hemorrhoids.
- Research has shown that this is due to the active compound, aescin, found in horse chestnut which helps strengthen capillary cells, which in turn reduces fluid leakage.
- Now here is a herb which can be used as another one of our natural remedies for varicose veins because it is well known for treating venous conditions, in fact it is better know for treating hemorrhoids (which are in fact varicose veins of the rectum), but it may also be useful for treating varicose veins.
- Pay your local health shop a visit and buy a bottle of witch hazel extract, apply this to your varicose veins two to three times a day, it is known to give good results after 2 weeks of constant use.
- Have a nice bath and then apply castor oil to the affected area and massage very gently into your legs, working from your feet upwards.
- Make sure that you don't apply to broken skin.
- Castor oil has also been known for centuries as medication for many ailments from digestive problems to varicose veins.
- 90% of its fatty acid content consists of ricinoleic acid which is thought to be responsible for its healing properties.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.
To the top of Natural Remedies for Varicose Veins
Back to our Home Page