Ease your Aching Joints naturally with Home Remedies for Arthritis.
Home remedies for Arthritis is dedicated to the old tried and tested remedies, that have been passed down through the years.
When you read on you will see that, interestingly enough, most of them have a basis in scientific facts.
Have fun checking out these remedies below, some of them go back generations, and the people I have spoken to all "swear" that they work.....
Before we get there we gonna squeeze in one little section on exercise, OK?
Even though you are stiff and sore you must exercise, but always with respect for your body's limitations.
- Walk or swim for 5 or 10 minutes every day, gradually increasing the amount of time you exercise.
- Do stretching exercises such as yoga for movement.
- Wear well cushioned shoes to help reduce any stress on weight-bearing joints.
Old Home Remedies for Arthritis in the fingers
Rub Castor Oil onto your arthritic joints often during the day.
- Castor Oil has been used for centuries by physicians and apothecaries for its powerful medicinal and curative powers.
- When applied topically it is well known to help with back pain and arthritis.
- When castor oil is rubbed into the skin, the oil is able to penetrate deeper than any other essential plant oil.
- The main medicinal component of castor oil is Ricinoleic Acid which is analgesic, anti-inflammatory and also has antibacterial properties.
An old fashioned Embrocation for soothing aching joints as another one of our Home Remedies for Arthritis.
Mix 2 cakes of camphor, 1 bottle of methylated spirits and a cup of
Rue leaves. Allow to stand for 24 hours and then rub into painful areas 3
times a day and specially just before bedtime.
- Camphor has both natural anti-inflammatory and anti-neuralgic properties.
spirits is a commercial grade disinfectant and it was probably only
for this reason that it was added to this old home remedy for
- Rue has analgesic qualities.
Here is another really good Home Remedy for relief of Arthritis pain.
Dissolve 3 tablespoons of Epsom salts in 1 liter of warm water and add the juice of 5 lemons. Store in a cool place and drink a small glass first thing every morning.
- Epsom salts are made of the mineral magnesium sulfate which draws toxins from the body.
- The lemon juice has very strong anti-inflammatory properties and also contains Vitamin C which is an antioxidant that helps ward off inflammatory illnesses.
Try some Rooibos Tea for your Arthritis
One cup of Rooibos Tea, 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice:
- Rooibos (which is an herb) has many excellent medicinal qualities and one of them is it's anti-inflammatory quality.
- Honey is a great sweetener and all sweet foods stimulates the brain to produce endorphins which are the body's natural painkillers.
- Vitamin C contained in lemons preserves the health of your collagen and connective tissue which enhances the body's ability to repair damage to the cartilage.
And last, but definitely not least, An Old Home Remedy using Cayenne Pepper.
Stir a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, a tablespoon of honey and some lemon juice into a glass of water and drink the mixture.
- Cayenne Pepper is a natural pain killer
- Honey, as we have seen above is a good sweetener
- And the Lemon Juice provides the Vitamin C which helps the body's ability to repair the cause of arthritis i.e. damage to the cartilage.
Or easier still, go to your local health shop and buy a tincture containing cayenne. 30 Drops in a glass of water daily will do the trick.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.