Benefits of Pineapples
The Benefits of Pinapple's are so many that we are actually not sure where to start.
Traditional folk medicine credits the pineapple with many healing powers and science has discovered that there is some justification here because the fresh fruit contains a useful enzyme called bromelain.
The skin of the pineapple is where most of the bromelain is located, which is why people who juice for nutritional and medical reasons do not peel or remove the skin beforehand.
So let us start off with a quick recipe on how to make a Pineapple Skin Tea if we want to get these enzymes into our bodies and don't have a juicer.
- Skin of the Pineapple
- Cinnamon Sticks & Cloves
- First clean the skins properly using a brush.
- Add to the pot with enough water to cover the skins, the cinnamon sticks, cloves and garlic and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for an hour.
- Sieve and enjoy hot or cold, you can add some honey for sweetness, and some people like a dash of cayenne pepper.
What does a Pineapple do for your Body?
- The enzyme called bromelain breaks down proteins and has been used in medicines for patients who have problems digesting protein.
- The bromelain is also a natural anti-inflammtory that can help reduce the painful inflammation of ulcers.
- Taking chunks of pineapple between courses may just help prevent heartburn.
- In particular, pineapple contains glutamine, a compound that helps protect the lining of the stomach.
- This tropical fruit is loaded with digestive enzymes and proteolytics which have been widely used to relieve heartburn and indigestion.
Benefits of Pineapple for Wrinkles
- Pineapple is a good source of alpha-hydroxyl acids (AHAs). which are used in a great many skin care products.
- It is believed that AHAs help the outer layer of skin to shed old skin cells and grow new ones, and helping to prevent the onset of wrinkles.
- They are also helpful in rejuvenating sun-damaged skin.
Pineapple is high in Soluble Fiber
What a tasty way to help promote healthy bowels, especially for those on the Banting Diet looking for a Banting friendly way to get fiber into your bodies, and help preventing constipation.
Other important Issues that Pineapples can help with.
- Research has suggested that Bromelain can thin the blood out and prevent clots forming.
- And then last, but most definately not least, because of the levels of manganese in the pineapple, they are good for prevention of osteoporosis and bone fractures.
This article was printed from JillsMusic.com
Home Remedies Haven would like to reassure all the visitors to our site, that we respect your privacy and do not in any way sell personal information.