Natural Remedies for Arthritis - "Heal Thyself."
As we embark on a journey of natural remedies for arthritis, we
have to realize and understand that the time has come to consider what
we eat, but maybe even more than that, to appraise and weigh up what we
Remember, that a healthy diet boosts the immune system which will
provide the sufferer with extra energy to fight the disease. Just a
minor little change in our eating habits can lead to major difference in
our arthritis problems.
Try out the home remedies for arthritis and combine them with herbs for arthritis, add a few tweaks to your diet, make this a part of your lifestyle, and you will see the difference in your arthritic aches and pains.
And I bet you thought that you were
destined to the rest of your life on pain killers - take a look at these
natural remedies for arthritis and then think again!
Fresh Fruit and vegetables - Step No 1. for natural remedies for arthritis.
Firstly, just a little bit of information on antioxidants .
Oxidation is what produces free radicals in our bodies. Free radicals
are molecules out there looking for trouble and are known to play a role
in joint damage.
Natural antioxidants help to combat free radicals, and
by so doing suppress inflammation along the way.
- Most fresh fruit and vegetables are excellent sources of antioxidants which help fight degenerative diseases.
- Lycopene is one of these antioxidants and is found in tomatoes and other red fruit and vegetable.
- Oranges are rich in the antioxidant beta-cryptoxanthin as well as watermelon oranges, papaya and red bell peppers.
remember the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", well
it's true, eat those apples, they are really good for you.
called carotenoids are found in brightly colored yellow and orange
fruits and vegetables. Cook them or eat them raw, juice them but
whatever you do EAT them.
- Invest in a smoothie
maker and concoct your own smoothies to get a combination of these
fruits and vegetables in a single glass, delicious!
Our little miracle garlic clove,
is not only an all round wonder herbs that helps for for a multitude
of ailments, but is also considered as one of the natural remedies for
arthritis.... but why is it good for Arthritis?
- Because it contains compounds called phenolic compounds or polyphenols which are antioxidants.
also promote the production of an amino acid (if you are interested -
called gluthathione) that is believed to be the body's most potent
High levels of Copper
- It has been found that many people with arthritis have high levels of copper and iron in their bodies.
- Histidine is an amino acid which is good for removing these metals from the body.
- Foods containing this amino acid are rice, wheat and rye.
- Iron is a mineral of interest for been involved in pain, swelling and joint destruction.
- So rather avoid supplements or multivitamins containing iron.
- Consume iron in foods instead.
- Foods such as molasses, brocolli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, fish and lima beans contain iron naturally.
- Pineapples have been used as a traditional treatment and natural remedies for arthritis since the year dot.
scientific interest has centered on the fact that the fresh
pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain and that bromelain is
known as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps reduce the swelling
and inflammation of painful conditions such as osteoarthritis.
is also a rich source of Vitamin C, also necessary for collagen
formation. The pineapple contains more Vitamin C than do apples,
cranberries, or tomato juice.
- Sulfur is found in every cell in our bodies.
- It is needed for the repair and rebuilding of bone, cartilage and connective tissue.
- Sulfur also aids in the absorption of calcium.
- Eat the sulfur containing foods such as asparagus, eggs, garlic and onions.
And now for the list of foods to avoid!!
- Saturated Fats found in red meat, cheese, butter and deep fried foods should be avoided at all times.
fats are not only a problem for heart diseases, but it is believed that
they may worsen inflammation for those suffering from arthritis.
saturated fats with plant based fats like olive oil for cooking and
salad dressings, and snack on nuts for healthy fat.
your sugar intake, especially refined sugar. High blood sugar can
increase cortisol levels in the body which in turn can influence
- And your sodium intake
must be limited. Speak to any arthritis specialist who will tell you
that the body requires only 500 mg of salt per day for normal
More relief for Arthritis Sufferers ...
Home Remedies for Arthritis
Herbs for Arthritis
Good Foods for Arthritis
Vitamins for Arthritis
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis
Pain relief for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Herbs for Rheumatoid Arthritis
NATURAL HELP FOR ARTHRITIS
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved
Top of Natural Remedies for Arthritis