Home Remedies for Genital Warts
Before offering our home remedies for genital warts we would like to say
that we know that this is a sensitive and delicate subject, especially
if you are unsure of what is happening to you, and maybe you are not
happy asking questions about it.
So we are going to go through this step by step and
explain the implications of suffering from genital warts, and then offer you two very simple home remedies for genital warts.
Warning: If you suspect you have genital warts, see
your Health Provider promptly.
This is especially important for women,
because genital warts have been linked to cervical cancer.
So let's start of by giving a description of what genital warts look like.
- Genital warts are pink or red in color and if we have to compare
them to anything we could say that they are similar in looks to small
- Some can be so small that you can't even see them.
- They sometimes itch and cause discomfort.
- They can occur singly but mostly you will find them in clusters.
- They are soft and moist and found in and around the vagina, anus, penis, groin, upper thigh and scrotum.
And then secondly, explain how these warts are transmitted.
- Genital warts are transmitted through intimate sexual contact,
be it vaginal, oral or anal, and can be passed on with or without
- These warts are highly contagious.
virus can be spread before the carrier is even aware that they have it,
as these warts sometimes only appear some months, and sometimes even
years after becoming infected with the HPV that causes them.
What is the difference between low-
risk Human Papillomavirus (HPV) warts and high-risk warts caused by HPV?
- Low risk genital warts are not cancerous and if left untreated, can
very often just go away. Low-risk HPV does not always result in warts
which means you very often don't even know that you are infected.
risk genital warts are also not necessarily cancerous but if the warts
are not cleared by the body's own immune system, the wart cells can
turn into cancer cells.
- No symptoms appear until the cancer is quite advanced and then woman are put at serious risk of developing cervical cancer.
- High-risk HPV can also infect the cells of the penis, anus, vulva, or vagina, where it can cause cancer.
How can I tell if I have an HPV Infection?
- The first way to tell if you have an HPV infection is if you discover the presence of genital warts.
- A Pap smear test for women can also determine the presence of an HPV infection.
- That is why it is vital to have these tests done on an annual basis to ensure that your cervix is healthy.
test is invasive and is slightly uncomfortable, but is worth the few
minutes of discomfort for the peace of mind a positive result can
How do I protect myself from getting an HPV Infection?
And remember even if you have been vaccinated, you must still go for your annual pap smears.
- There is a vaccine out for women which you can
discuss with your Doctor that helps protect against 4 types of HPV,
two of which cause 70% of cervical cancers.
- It does not treat existing HPV; it can only prevent HPV before a person gets it.
- This vaccine is therefore important for young girls before they become sexually active.
can be started as young as 9 years of age. The question here is how
do you tell a 9 year old what this vaccine is meant for, well, this is a
part of home remedies for genital warts that we will leave entirely
in your hands.
Home Remedies for genital Warts using our favorite.........Garlic.
Garlic has many qualities which we think makes it the king of all home remedies. Healing with garlic has been around for centuries for all sorts of ailments.
the case of home remedies for genital warts the recommendation is that you get yourself
some garlic capsules and take these on a daily basis until the warts
- garlic contains a potent compound called allicin which has strong anti-viral germ-killing powers.
diallyl sulphides contained in garlic are also good for boosting the
immune system and thereby helping clear these warts before they become
Home Remedies for genital Warts using Apple Cider Vinegar
Running a very close second to garlic, the use of apple cider vinegar (see uses for vinegar)
has been used left right and center through the years for the effective
treatment of a plethora of ailments and complaints including the
removal of genital warts.
Have a good shower, dry off properly,
and then take some apple cider vinegar soaked into a cotten wool ball
and tape it to the wart. Repeat this twice daily You will soon notice
that the wart changes colour, which means the remedy is working. Repeat
this until the wart falls off.
- Apple cider vinegar has anti-viral properties.
- Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid.
is thought that the acid weakens the walls of the wart enough to allow
some of the virus to enter the bloodstream, causing the production of
antibodies that eventually attack and destroy the warts.
Quick Links to Related Content
Home Remedies Haven.com All Rights Reserved
To the top of Home Remedies for Genital Warts
or else back to our